This is your brain on tribal war!

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2019

The craziness of the Times:
Yesterday morning, we barked out an order to our eager young team of analysts.

"Who is Catie Edmondson?" we persuasively said, stating our aggressive command in the form of a question. We were asking because of the news report Edmondson authored in yesterday's New York Times.

We were stunned by the incompetence of Edmondson's report, which moved from pitiful conflations at the start on to bald-faced misstatement at the end.

Edmondson was discussing Senator Kennedy's original claim that Ukraine may have been responsible for hacking the DNC's emails during Campaign 2016.

As you may recall, Kennedy made the claim on November 24, took it back the next night. He hasn't repeated the claim since then. But so what? Yesterday's news report ended like this:
EDMONDSON (12/4/19): Mr. Kennedy, an Oxford-educated lawyer who is perhaps best known in the Senate for his folksy aphorisms and pointed grilling of judicial nominees, has emerged as one of Mr. Trump’s most vigorous impeachment defenders in the Senate. He first floated the theory about Ukraine’s culpability more than a week ago on Fox News, saying that the perpetrator of the hack on a server at the Democratic National Committee “could be Ukraine.”

The next day, he told CNN that he “was wrong” and that the “only evidence” he had “is that it was Russia who tried to hack the D.N.C. computer.”

But on Sunday, he reverted to his initial claim on “Meet the Press.”
We're sorry, but no. Kennedy didn't repeat his initial claim on Sunday's Meet the Press. We're sorry, but no. It just didn't happen.

(For the Meet the Press transcript, click here.)


We were amazed by Edmondson's awful reporting. Sadly, we can't name the editor or editors who let the report go to print.

That said, our analysts returned to us with the information we'd demanded. Edmondson is in her second year out of college (Barnard, class of 2018). Routinely, our national reporting is being done by the youngest of our nation's inexperienced kids.

We thought Edmondson's report was awful—but then we read the lead editorial in today's New York Times. A masterwork of conflation, confusion and tribal attack, the editorial started like this:
NEW YORK TIMES EDITORIAL (12/5/19): President Trump and his defenders simply won’t stop playing into Russia’s hands by promoting the debunked conspiracy theory that Ukraine hacked the 2016 election in an effort to sabotage his candidacy.

On Sunday, Senator John Kennedy, Republican of Louisiana, was on “Meet the Press” spreading this disinformation...
We're sorry, but no. Kennedy didn't "spread the disinformation" in question on Sunday's Meet the Press.

If we're going to go with the truth, Kennedy didn't do that! But as the editorial continued, the editors made it perfectly clear that they were making this charge:
NEW YORK TIMES EDITORIAL: [Kennedy] suggested on “Fox News Sunday” that, in fact, Ukraine had hacked the Democratic computer server, obtaining emails that embarrassed Hillary Clinton’s campaign. “I don’t know, nor do you, nor do any of us,” he told the host, Chris Wallace. (The next day he told CNN’s Chris Cuomo: “I was wrong. It was Russia who tried to hack the computer. I’ve seen no indication that Ukraine tried to do it.” It is unclear what changed his mind. Again.)
The editors' charge is perfectly clear, and the editors' charge is just wrong. Comically, the editors linked to the Washington Post, not to Edmondson's report, to support their claim from paragraph two—their claim that Kennedy had gone on Meet the Press to "spread this disinformation" again.

As with Edmondson's report, the report in the Post was built around a hapless conflation. All across the pseudo-liberal world, the same conflation is being pimped by our tribal shamans. It's built upon the inability, or the unwillingness, to distinguish between two different claims:
Claim #1: Ukraine hacked/stole the DNC emails.

Claim #2: Ukraine interfered/intervened in the 2016 election.
Obviously, those are different claims. A person who makes Claim #2 isn't necessarily making Claim #1. Everyone is able to see that! Even people who work for the Times!

That distinction is obvious. But all across the pseudo-liberal world, we're seeing what the human brain is like on tribal war.

For our money, Chuck Todd's handling of the Meet the Press interview with Kennedy was just this side of insane. That said, at no point did Kennedy claim that Ukraine hacked the DNC emails.

That said, the human brain is extremely weak, especially when we the people are on the verge of war.

"This is your brain on drugs," a famous old TV ad said. If you want to see your brain on war, you should subscribe to the Times.

Two last questions: Why are kids right out of college doing so much of our top-end reporting? Also, where do they go when they turn 30? No jokes about Soylent Green!

13 comments:

  1. "Sadly, we can't name the editor or editors who let the report go to print."

    Eh, Bob, what's in the name?

    Let's just call 'em dembots. Or goebbelsoids, if you prefer.

    That's what they are. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was Kennedy’s original claim on Fox News? Edmondson describes it as being “about Ukraine’s culpability.” Somerby says, no, it was about the hacking of the DNC.

    Looking at the transcript of that Chris Wallace show, two things emerge. First, Wallace is 100% clear that his question is about emails:

    “Senator Kennedy, who do you believe was responsible for hacking the DNC and Clinton campaign computers, their emails? Was it Russia or Ukraine?”

    Kennedy answers “I don't know, nor do you, nor do any others.”

    He would later claim that he misunderstood Wallace’s question. M’kay.

    But what claim did he make *after* he said this?
    “WALLACE: Well, let me interrupt to say -- the entire intelligence community says it was Russia.
    KENNEDY: Right, but it could also be Ukraine. I'm not saying that I know one way or the other. I'm saying that Ms. Hill is entitled to her opinion but no rebuttal evidence was allowed to be offered.
    We know, at least the Republicans in the House, wanted to call a witness, a DNC political operative who lobbied the Ukrainian embassy to be involved, get involved in 2016 election. We don't know if Ukraine did that, we don't know what extent because they won't let the president offer his evidence.”

    So, he has made a specific claim, *not* about email hacking, but rather about other Ukrainian interference.

    In his subsequent appearance on Meet The Press, he is still talking about Ukrainian interference, saying “President Poroshenko actively worked for Secretary Clinton.”

    The second thing to emerge from all of this is:
    Somerby has forbidden us from speculating about the reasons for Kennedy’s initial “misunderstanding” with Wallace, but it seems plausible if not likely that Kennedy was deliberately trying to confuse the two matters that Somerby has outlined, Ukrainian “interference” and “email hacking/CrowdStrike.” in order to conflate the two. His latest charge against Poroshenko (and Clinton) is arguably a slur and a fabrication that calls Kennedy’s motives into question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just this past Monday, while TDH was still twisting himself into a pretzel trying to defend Senator Kennedy, Chris Cuomo hosted Rep. Randy Weber (R-Texas)on his evening cable show.

      Here's where Weber went:

      “Was CrowdStrike involved in the DCCC hacking?” Weber asked.


      “Yes,” Cuomo replied.


      “Is CrowdStrike in part owned by Ukraine?” Weber asked.


      “No,” Cuomo replied.


      “Really?” Weber asked.


      “Yes,” Cuomo said, to which Weber responded: “That’s not the information we have.”


      “You have bad information,” Cuomo fired back.


      What is all this bullshit about Crowdstrike if not to suggest they are hiding evidence that Russia didn't hack the DNC server? Why does Donald J Chickenshit, Acting President, keep asking about this mythical server in the Ukraine? If not to suggest the Ukraine is hiding evidence that Russia is innocent?

      Enough of the bullshit Bob.


      Delete
    2. POWERFUL LOVE SPELLS AND LOST LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK LOST LOVER +2348144172934 USA, UK, FRANCE, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NETHERLANDS, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, IRELAND.
      I was searching for advise on what to do to get back my EX Husband, My story is about a woman who used to work with my husband in the same office, they were having secrete affair and i caught them, for that reason my we had to split, but i still love him but it seems he was deeply in lover with the other lady and he left me useless, after few weeks of searching for help, I came across Dr.Ojoka who can help me, i contacted Dr.Ojoka for help due to the fact that i needed my EX lover desperately because he is my everything and my life. To God be the glory, my EX husband came back to me within 24 hours and he swore never to cheat on me again and promised to love me forever, Viewers reading my article that also need his help should contact him with his email : drojokaspelltemple@gmail com or Whats app +2348144172934 he will solve your relationship problem… check his website http://Drojokaspelltemple.website2.me 










































































      POWERFUL LOVE SPELLS AND LOST LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK LOST LOVER +2348144172934 USA, UK, FRANCE, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NETHERLANDS, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, IRELAND.
      I was searching for advise on what to do to get back my EX Husband, My story is about a woman who used to work with my husband in the same office, they were having secrete affair and i caught them, for that reason my we had to split, but i still love him but it seems he was deeply in lover with the other lady and he left me useless, after few weeks of searching for help, I came across Dr.Ojoka who can help me, i contacted Dr.Ojoka for help due to the fact that i needed my EX lover desperately because he is my everything and my life. To God be the glory, my EX husband came back to me within 24 hours and he swore never to cheat on me again and promised to love me forever, Viewers reading my article that also need his help should contact him with his email : drojokaspelltemple@gmail com or Whats app +2348144172934 he will solve your relationship problem… check his website http://Drojokaspelltemple.website2.me 

      Delete
  3. POWERFUL LOVE SPELLS AND LOST LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK LOST LOVER +2348144172934 USA, UK, FRANCE, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NETHERLANDS, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, IRELAND.
    I was searching for advise on what to do to get back my EX Husband, My story is about a woman who used to work with my husband in the same office, they were having secrete affair and i caught them, for that reason my we had to split, but i still love him but it seems he was deeply in lover with the other lady and he left me useless, after few weeks of searching for help, I came across Dr.Ojoka who can help me, i contacted Dr.Ojoka for help due to the fact that i needed my EX lover desperately because he is my everything and my life. To God be the glory, my EX husband came back to me within 24 hours and he swore never to cheat on me again and promised to love me forever, Viewers reading my article that also need his help should contact him with his email : drojokaspelltemple@gmail com or Whats app +2348144172934 he will solve your relationship problem… check his website http://Drojokaspelltemple.website2.me 

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346


    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision douchebag workout 2. You have posted a trust worthy blog keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Name is Dr sebi you can Contact Me via Email drsebicurecenter@gmail.com For Penis Enlargement Product to help you get as long as 8inches Long with good Erection. Contact Me Via Email : drsebicurecenter@gmail.com Via WhatsApp +2347010538590

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so anxiuos to know what my husband was always doing late outside the house so i started contacting hackers and was scamed severly until i almost gave up then i contacted this one hacker and he delivered a good job showing evidences i needed from the apps on his phone like whatsapp,facebook,instagram and others and i went ahead to file my divorce papers with the evidences i got,He also went ahead to get me back some of my lost money i sent to those other fake hackers,every dollar i spent on these jobs was worth it.Contact him so he also help you.
    mail: premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    text or call +1 4016006790

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. agaba and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. agaba telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. agaba (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2349074536486

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone I want to introduce you guys to a group a private investigators who can help you with information you need in any situation in life and they are ready to follow you step by step until your case is cleared just contact +17078685071 and you will happily ever after
    Premiumhackservices@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
    Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever

    ReplyDelete