TUESDAY: Scott Galloway is a very good person!

TUESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2026

Except when it comes to this:  Bill Maher and Scott Galloway recently hooked up at a club. Luckily, we're speaking here of Club Random, Bill's online extended chat room.  

As we noted yesterday, we hugely admire what Bill has done in his many years of blending humor with commentary. That's an extremely challenging task. 

Also, Galloway is an obvious high-IQ type. Despite that, when we watched the tape accompanying this report, we saw the gents say this

GALLOWAY: I think Gavin Newsom is going to be our president. I think we’re a looks-ist, sexist, racist country and the only thing I’m fairly confident about is that the Democratic nominee will be a straight white man over 6 feet tall.

MAHER: You think in general the country is racist and sexist. In 2026.

GALLOWAY: Yeah. Yeah.

MAHER: That characterizes us in a general way? 

To gauge the fellows' tone of voice, you have to watch the videotape. That said, Galloway's sweeping generalization is the sort of "lefty" thing Bill is typically inclined to challenge.   

To our ear, Bill sounds quite skeptical about Galloway's characterization, but he lets the assertion pass. Had we actually seen Bill defer to a major, high-end guest?   

We could picture it flat or round. But then, the ladsgood God!went on to agree about this:   

GALLOWAY (continuing directly): Well, OK, I don’t see any reason why Secretary [Hillary] Clinton lost to Donald Trump other than sexism. I think if she’d had a d*ck, she’d be our president.

MAHER: I mean, I’m a fan. You know, I always thought Hillary would be good. She’s one of the most sort of common-sensical people I’ve ever seen in politics.

GALLOWAY: Confident, smart, centrist.

MAHER: Smart. Yes. Centrist. Yeah. But I also see why she lost? Why she rubs people the wrong way?   

We're punctuating to tone, but those comments struck us as remarkably clueless. Let's start with this:  

Employing the rude language of rough men, Galloway seems to say that we the people are (probably?) too sexist to elect a woman president. As an example of what he means, he cites a woman (Hillary Clinton) who actually won the popular vote by just under three million votes!  

He can imagine no other reason why Candidate Clinton lost. 

Fellow citizens, please!  Hillary Clinton was the Democratic Party nominee in 2016. By then, she had been savaged on the national stage for 24 years, by figures in the hard right and by waves of major figures within the mainstream press.  

(She's still slimed three or four nights a week on the grisly Gutfeld! showsometimes for (allegedly) not being sufficiently attractive, more often for (allegedly) being a murderer. She was hounded by "Emailgate" all through that election, with the New York Times widely blamed for the endless emphasis. 

She was mugged by James Comey twice in 2016once in early July, once in late October. Rachel Maddow and the others on that channel were careful not to defend her, as we detailed at the time.  

Some of the long- and short-term pounding she took in those years could definitely be attributed to sexism. But another fact is also true:

Her husband was a giant political talent. She, like almost everyone else on the face of the earth, basically wasn't and isn't. 

We don't mean that as a personal criticism, simply as a matter of fact. Meanwhile, the lads seemed to think that being "smart" is qualification enough. 

Obviously, noit isn't! How do these guys not know that?   

Back to the sweeping claim about the sexism / racism of them the American people:

It's amazing, but the Galloway types and the Hollywood types never stop alienating voters with presentations like this. Galloway is very smart and he's very well intentioned, but these people never stop getting themselves videotaped making sardonic remarks about how offensive the American people are.   

Bill seemed unimpressed with that part of what Galloway said, but these guys never stop doing this. They come on stage, win votes for Trump, then go name-calling away.  It's a form of caroling for the finer class of people.

You could almost call them "deplorables!" Except that condemnation is already taken. The condemnation came from Candidate Clinton, and it may have cost her the race.   

Everybody makes mistakes. Despite our admitted brilliance over here in Blue America, the academics and the Hollywood types basically never stop making this mistake. As Moses says to the Holy Trinity in the old Paul Reiser joke:

Are we here to play some golf? Or are we just gonna f*ck around?

(We believe you can figure it out.)

69 comments:


  1. Two full-of-themselves Dumbocrat idiots saying meaningless words to each other, on teevee.

    Why does this seem interesting to you, Bob? Seriously, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Two people have died of measles in Pennsylvania, the state’s health department said Tuesday.

      Both were unvaccinated. Their deaths are the first measles-related fatalities reported in the country this year and the first in the state in 35 years."

      Delete
    2. Republican's voted to keep minorities down, not for their children to die from diseases we dealt with decades ago.

      Delete
    3. Nah, republicans knew good and well they were voting for anti-science as well as their racism

      Delete
  2. Trump said -- and still says and now does -- far worse things every day than "deplorables." The idea that that one word might have cost her the election is simply evidence of how grossly uneven the coverage she got was. There must be two even sides, on every issue and in every presidential election, and if there aren't the media will create them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, the media treats politics as winners and losers, where the repercussions of actions are of zero consequence to them.
      Does the Party X have the votes to make it legal to throw babies and the elderly in woodchippers on Mondays? Or will Party Y be able to rally the votes to keep that happening before the all important mid-terms?
      Coming up, we'll be hearing from those who aren't the elderly or new parents.

      Delete
  3. This post is so on target. Thank you for keeping on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Somerby has proof the 2024 election of a gigantic bigot to be President of the United States of America wasn't on the up and up (i.e. the will of the people who aren't really sexist and racist), here and now might be a good place and time for him to show it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid the only proof Somerby will come up with is the long history of every Right-wing accusation really being a confession.

      Delete
  5. Sexism is the reason and the vernacular by which Clinton was “savaged.” There is no separating sexism from how she was attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you had told me back in the 1980s that Republican voters would be perfectly fine with their children dying from the measles in exchange for the government harassing minorities, I'd have said, "Tell me something everyone doesn't already know."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hillary was a different kind of political talent than Bill. His charisma was sexual and it was unearned. Women don’t have the same rules. If Hillary was sexual in the same way, she would have come across like Sarah Palin. What helps me hurts women, because of

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What helps men, hurts women because of those different rules.

      Delete
    2. For Somerby to say that Hillary lacked Bill’s raw political talent shows his cluelessness about how sexism works. Hillary has always had a great sense of humor and the ability to connect with all sorts of people, genuine empathy. Somerby has never noted her strengths here. He doesn’t recognize them. His evaluation of her is grossly unfair.

      Delete
    3. "Women don’t have the same rules... Sarah Palin."

      You contradict yourself in the same post. Going through life with ideological blinders on will do that.

      Delete
    4. Anyone who isn't a bigot, or isn't perfectly fine with bigotry, left the Republican Party over a quarter of a century ago.

      Delete
    5. I don’t see any contradiction. Sarah Palin presented sexually and was considered a ditz. Hillary wore pant suits and was considered lacking in charisma. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

      Delete
    6. She was considered a ditz because she was a ditz. She got the nomination because the wingnuts wanted someone crazy (like they eventually got in Trump), and McCain was hoping she would appeal to the female vote in a Hail Mary play, because he was a big underdog. In other words, she benefitted from being a woman, the kind of sexism that must not be named.

      Delete
  8. It's true that Hillary Clinton was only ever nominee for president because of her relationship to Bill Clinton. Sometimes people forget she was only there because of that relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go fuck yourself troll boy

      Delete
    2. That's nothing. Trump was only the Republican nominee for President three times, because Republican voters support child rape.

      Delete
    3. It's true. She would not have any chance at all to run for president had she not been married to Bill Clinton. Sorry if that bothers you. I prefer not to keep my head in the sand about it.

      Delete
    4. Go right on keeping your head up your ass

      Delete
    5. What kind of idiot believes the Republican Party wasn't obsessed with the genitals of children, before Trump came down the escalator?

      Delete
    6. I can see why you want to change the subject.

      Delete
    7. (arguing that Hillary Clinton didn't become a presidential nominee because of her proximity to Bill Clinton couldn't be much fun. I can see why you would feel the need to poison the well with bullshit.)

      Delete
    8. Ignoring the Republican Party running a decades long global pedophile ring is an important job for Republican voters and the GOP's mouthpieces in the corporate-owned mainstream media.

      Delete
  9. Clinton also didn't visit Wisconsin in 2016. If you run for president and decide not to visit battleground states, you shouldn't be surprised if you lose. I mean, come on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her bigger problem was supporting equal rights for black people.
      That cost her the election.

      Delete
    2. (Trump went there six times.)

      Delete
    3. (Cracker, please. Trump has never supported equal rights for black people one time, never mind six.)

      Delete
    4. Wisconsin was worth 10 electoral votes; she lost by 77 electoral votes. Even if she had gone there, and even in the unlikely event going there would have flipped the state, she still loses -- and unthinking suckers would say she should have gone somewhere else instead, what was she thinking, why did she run such a bad campaign?

      Delete
    5. So if she won Wisconsin she would have lost by 57 electoral votes, leaving her needing only 28 more electoral votes to win the presidency.

      I'm just saying it's too bad for Democrats that the Clinton campaign was caught by surprise by Wisconsin.

      I think we can all agree on that.

      Delete
    6. It wasn't caught by surprise. They spent a lot of money and sent heavy hitters there. I can't remember exactly who all went now, but in the last few days of the campaign I know Bernie and Bill Clinton went there, and she had ad buys. There were simply too many close states for any one to be the focus.

      I have a rule when it comes to second guessing experts: I never do it unless I have thoroughly investigated the topic, and even then, I accept the fact that there's a good chance I'm wrong, and they're right. The people who ran her campaign know far more about electioneering than I do, and had access to FAR more information, polling data and focus groups, than I could ever hope to get. The media -- the vast majority of whom have never run a campaign -- will flatter their audience (good business practice to flatter your customers) by pointing out "mistakes" the campaign is alleged to have made, but it's just flattery and self-advertisement: keep watching us, people who like to feel you're smart, because we're the experts, and we'll tell you what the dumbass campaigns missed. But when they disagree with the decisions of a competent campaign staff -- and keep in mind, they were describing the Hillary campaign as "ruthlessly efficient" when they thought she would win -- they are almost always full of shit, and just saying things to sell the news, and themselves with it.

      Delete
    7. The Clinton campaign being caught by surprise in Wisconsin is a direct quote from Hillary Clinton herself. I thought you knew that she had admitted that the campaign was caught by surprise in Wisconsin.

      I would research your memories about her advertising in Wisconsin a little bit further as well.

      Delete
    8. I don't understand why it's so hard for you to be honest about the shortcomings of her campaign and of her as a candidate. I wonder why that is. Do you feel like you'll be punished in some way if you are honest about it?

      Delete
    9. "I have a rule when it comes to second guessing experts: I never do it."

      Just between us, that is a terrible rule for a person to have. Especially in this day and age.

      Take that rule, cover its mouth and duct tape, put it in the back of your car, take a shotgun and shoot it five times and then go dump it in a river. That's one of the dumbest rules I've ever heard of. Just between us.

      Delete
    10. "The Clinton campaign being caught by surprise in Wisconsin is a direct quote from Hillary Clinton herself."

      They sent Bill Clinton and Bernie there, and made late ad buys. They knew the state was in danger. Herr "surprise" came weeks before the day the votes were cast.

      "I wonder why that is. Do you feel like you'll be punished in some way if you are honest about it?"

      WTH is this crazy shit? There are some dumbasses and mentally ill people who post here, but damn, every day one of you comes up with something new.

      Delete
    11. "If there's one place where we were caught by surprise, it was Wisconsin. Polls showed us comfortably ahead, right up until the end."

      Delete
    12. "If there's one place where we were caught by surprise, it was Wisconsin."

      This quote is from 2017.

      I just wonder why you can't be honest about the shortcomings of her campaign or her as a candidate. Why is that? It must be really deeply ingrained. The price paid for spending decades of your life as a partisan blogtard.

      It would be better for you to be skeptical of experts and to be honest about the shortcomings of the Democratic party over the last 15 years or so. But if you can't, you can't. It doesn't really matter.

      Delete
    13. "That's one of the dumbest rules I've ever heard of. Just between us."

      I'm sure you're a very smart fellow, who knows a lot of things about a lot of things. The problem is, that makes you an expert, and you just told me I shouldn't trust experts. Kind of a predicament. But not for a smart guy like you!

      Delete
    14. "I just wonder why you can't be honest about the shortcomings of her campaign or her as a candidate."

      You must be another expert on campaigns, since you are absolutely certain about what her shortcomings and the shortcomings of her campaign were. So I'll take your advice and be skeptical of what you, expert, say. See? I can! Just don't punish me for it! I'm scared!

      Delete
    15. The thought occurs to me -- not for the first time -- that you people are EXACTLY like wingnuts. Experts should only be trusted when they say what you want to hear; the rest of the time you know more than they do, or they're bought off by some shadowy conspiracy. Wingnuts.

      Delete
    16. Hillary Clinton wrote a book analyzing the failures in her campaign. Have you read it? I have. It was honest.

      Delete
    17. 8:20,
      Thank you.
      As a historian, can you explain the main reasons why Herbert Hoover's re-election campaign in 1932 failed?

      Delete
    18. I'm neither 8:20 nor a historian, but MOST importantly, I'm not an expert, so you can trust me when I say that Hoover needed to talk about the economy, you know, kitchen table issues. It's always the answer for the Democrats, anyway, according to the teevee punditry. Maybe it doesn't work for Republicans though, since the pundits never seem to bless them with this secret bit of campaign wisdom that the Democrats, relying on worthless experts, never learn. Perhaps had Hoover spent more time in Ohio, it would have pushed him over the top. Damned shame of a missed opportunity.

      Delete
    19. Hoover lost in 1932 as a result of his disastrous tariff policies and there impact on destroying the American economy. That is just one example of how fucking stupid Trump is.

      Delete
    20. What was Hillary Clinton's reason for running for president in 2016? Anybody?

      Delete
    21. "Hoover lost in 1932 as a result of his disastrous tariff policies and there impact on destroying the American economy."

      I think he lost because he was unlikeable and not a natural politician.

      Delete
    22. If 1932 were today, the media would be having a fuckin' FIELD DAY over FDR's polio and wheelchair, writing article after article after article, filling segment after segment after segment on the TV, with "questions being raised" about his fitness and stamina, and then they would go into his extramarital affairs. He would probably still win, but it sure as hell wouldn't be a landslide, because the media wouldn't let him wheel away with it.

      Delete
    23. 8:20,
      It makes sense that's the reason Clinton might have lost the election.
      On the other hand, it's further proof the Democratic party isn't the party of elites, no matter how many bigots on the Right repeat that old canard.

      Delete
    24. It's proof that the Democratic party isn't the party of elites no matter how many bigots on the right repeat that old canard.

      Delete
  10. I think the country is sexist, as regards President. I think it's harder for a woman to be seen as a leader, than for a man. On paper, Hillary was much, much more qualified than Trump. Her Experience was superlative. Her Academic credentials were superlative. i didn't like her policies. I hated her prejudice against people like me. But, objectively speaking, she was was very strong candidate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OTOH Kamala Harris got more votes than one might expect. Mediocre academic background. Career advanced via sex with an older Willie Brown. No accomplishments as VP. Terrible campaigner. Yet, she got almost as many votes as Trump.

      Delete
    2. David in Cal,
      Is Trump technically still a virgin (unlike Kamala Harris), because he has never had consensual sexual relations?

      Delete
    3. “I hated her prejudice against people like me.” You mean geriatric Eddie Haskells.

      Delete
    4. “I hated her prejudice against people like me.”
      All of us Antifa members are prejudiced against people like you.
      In fact, it's how we got our name.

      Delete
    5. As Lord Commander of Antifa I am letting you know we are working on your coordinates and are going to...do nothing to anybody since we don't exist you fucking weirdo. Trump fucked children you fucking creep. And paid $5M to a woman he raped you ridiculous fool. Entered a forever was and lost on Day 1, now he has no cards. Still thinks tariffs are good for the consumer, not a consumer tax. Still shitting his diaper. Jesus somebody pull the plug on this putz.

      Delete
    6. Actually 1:01, Antifa uses violence. I don’t. Violence is a feature of fascism.

      Delete
    7. The USA can't be considered fascist, because they lost a war to Iran on Day One.

      Delete
    8. Fuck you, David. You're too much of a pussy cunt to do your own violence. You just vote for your fascists to do the violence for you. You get your vicarious thrills watching ICE Gestapo murder American citizens in broad daylight captured on video for the world to see what you have done to this country, you motherfucking fascist cunt.

      Delete
    9. 7:04,
      You are being far too nice to David in Cal.
      Believe me, the piece of shit doesn't deserve it.

      Delete
    10. “I hated her prejudices against people like me.”
      She had an uncanny grasp of people like you.

      Delete
    11. Actually, Republican Party members rape children. I don't. Child rape is a feature of Right-wingers.

      Delete
    12. The fucking balls of DiC. David crawled naked thru a Paris to support the man who incited and led a violent attack on our nations' capitol, campaigned on pardoning the convicted insurrectionists including many who physically assaulted Capitol Police leading to deaths, and then has the gall to come here to wag his fucking treasonous finger at us and lecture about violence. We cannot ever let DiC sweep it under the rug, pretend it didn't happen, continue to pin the American flag to his lapel and pose as the great American patriot. Fuck that. He forfeits the right to decry violence for all eternity. A fucking Trump humper lecturing us about violence? har har hardy har har!!!

      Delete
    13. last week Dickhead the Trump humper was chivalrously defending the honor of the woman who posted memes depicting the Obamas as monkeys. The cognitive dissonance of this maggots is astounding. I don't think DiC actually owns a mirror.

      Delete
  11. “the decade of misogynist trashing of Hillary Clinton almost surely put Trump where he is.”

    (Chris Matthews leaves and Jack Welch dies!

    TUESDAY, MARCH 3, 2020

    https://dailyhowler.blogspot.com/2020/03/chris-matthews-leaves-and-jack-welch.html?m=1)

    Sounds like sexism to me.

    ReplyDelete