Comic relief continues apace!

MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2016

Cable star's memory loss:
Why did we ever start our series of posts on comic relief?

Granted, they're award-winning posts. But why did we ever start them?

Oh yes! We'd been struck by the inanity of much that we see on the Maddow Show. Last Friday night, for example, the program's host made the highlighted statement below.

We take these words live and direct from the Nexis transcript. Maddow spoke with Dan Rather about the previous night's speech, the address by Khizr Khan:
MADDOW (7/29/16): Joining us now is Dan Rather, who has covered more than thirty conventions in his career, including this one, this DNC in Philly.

Dan, it's great to see you. Thanks for being here.

RATHER: Thanks for having me, Rachel.

MADDOW: I was struck by what you wrote about [Khan's speech]. But also, what you wrote about it, given your perspective, and how many of these you've seen, a singular moment.

I was so moved by that moment—I'm still moved by it now, watching it for about the sixth time. But I was so moved by it in the moment last night that I couldn't talk for the rest of the segment that we were on TV at that point. I was absolutely gripped by that.
Briefly, the analysts stopped their incessant complaining about Maddow, who they sometimes regard as less than obsessively honest and perhaps as a bit of a con man.

Apparently, Maddow hadn't been able to speak during the segment after Khan's speech! That's how moved she had been by Mr. Khan's address.

Even the analysts had to admit it; Rachel had been willing to acknowledge some real moral greatness. We could see that they'd begun to rethink their nightly caterwauling about the orange-shoed cable star.

And then, it happened again! Another youngster entered the room and played the actual tape of the actual segment from the previous night. This is what we all saw:

At the end of Khan's speech, Brian had thrown to Nicolle for comment. She said the Muslim ban had been the one proposal by Trump which most offended conservatives. As an example, she mentioned the way Lindsey Graham had apologized to American Muslims for what Trump had proposed.

At that point, Rachel piped up. However gripped she may have been, this is what she said:
MADDOW (7/28/16): The other person who rebuked Donald Trump for that was Mike Pence, his running mate, who's now decided, since he's Donald Trump's running mate, that he's all on board with the Muslim ban.
It was a good clean shot at Brother Pence. Rachel shot and scored!

Brian threw to Gene Robinson next. After Robinson stated his view, you-know-who piped up again:
MADDOW: I have to say, watching Khizr Khan, I just wept through the whole thing. I could barely—I mean, I'm not, I'm—that will be all I say, because that was so affecting, I couldn't get through it.
At that point, Matthews took his turn. Then General John Allen began his growling, Pattonesque speech, so Brian ended the post-Khan segment and aired the events on the stage.

The segment had lasted three minutes total. Rachel spoke two times, once more than anyone else.

In real time on Thursday night, we were told that Maddow wept through Mr. Khan's whole speech, so greatly had she been moved. One night later, we were told that she hadn't been able talk for the rest of the segment, so absolutely gripped had she been.

The second statement wasn't true. You can decide on the first.

As for the analysts, their faces fell as they watched Maddow pipe up during the Thursday night segment. "Good people will sometimes have memory loss," we expertly said.

Tomorrow: Even more comic relief

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Bob keeps going after this woman, because she's just awful.

    Maddow lost me last year when she kept taking proud credit for stories that she and her staff had clearly stolen from Amy Goodman. Such as Flint and its appointed overseer.

    And the way she sucks up to Williams and Matthews has to be seen to be believed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too dumb to be believed. Somerby had her down as a phony 8 years ago. Are you really that stupid?

      Delete
    2. Hi. Im 25years old and I was with my ex for 3years after a year of being together we moved in with eachother with my daughter who calls my ex daddy our relationship was great living apart but once we moved in with eachother the arguments started and my trust issues. I always use to get funny about him going down the pub with his mates while im at home and we then ended up falling out and he would be gone all night and come in at like 3-4am drunk. I also use to get funny about him going away on holiday with his mates every year. I know him breaking up with me was my fault but not sure why he broke up with me anyway money was getting tight living together so we decided to move out and he go back to his mums and I get a place for me and my daughter we argued alot at that point because of the stress trying to find somewhere to live he said he wanted to go on a months break after moving out so we can clear our heads 3weeks into our break me text me saying we’re over I was really upset because I love him so much I was always texting him and ringing him saying I love him give me another chance then he blocked my number so I couldn’t contact him do then I message him on fb asking about my daughter as she was going on about how she doesn’t understand why she’s nit seeing daddy anymore he replies with contact me once your over me and I will have contact with your daughter.so I left it a week and even though im not over him still till this day I messaged him saying I was over him so he replies with im glad to hear your over me we will arrange something for me to see your daughter. I still love him and I wanted him back i told my sister about it and she introduced me to the Famous Prophet Akim,who helps in so many ways.i contacted him and he did his thing,before i knew it,the next day Moric called me and apologized that he was sorry for everything and im sure he will never leave me again. i am so happy now,you can also get in touch with akim on his email .(prayerstosavemarriage@hotmail.com) :)

      Delete
  2. Khan is the parent of a killed serviceman. Patricia Smith is the mother of a victim killed at Benghizi. Both gave powerful speeches at the Convention, attack the other party's candidate. Khan's speech is ongoing front page news. Smith's speech is ignored.

    Why shouldn't these speeches receive equal attention? My answer is Media Bias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you're an asshole, David. Always have been, always will be.

      The difference is, your psychotic narcissistic thin skinned juvenile GOP presidential candidate has decided to attack those parents, and is into day 4 of a twitter war with them, whereas the dignified Secretary of State has never said anything defamatory about the mother of the Benghazi victim. Just expressions of compassion and understanding.

      See the difference?

      No, I don't expect you do.

      Delete
    2. Another reliably-sourced accusation from our mendacious GOP shill. Is your cite for this redstate? Investors.com? Beforeitsnews? Flippingaces?Conservativeintel? Washingtonstandard? Conservativestandard? Legalinsurrection? Endingthefed? Minutemennews? Free Republic? Redstate? Cnsnews? Townhall? Eaglerising? Freedomoutpost? Americanthinker? Breitbart? New York Post? Or Newsbusters?

      Delete
    3. Anon 12:51, you're right, it never happened. This is another complete misrepresentation manufactured by the GOP Ratfuck Factory.

      Gold Star Mothers are now being booed at Trumps's Nurenberg Rallies. This is David's party. He must be very proud.

      Delete
  3. Why does she have a TV show when she is patently awful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @6:12 adds the word "intelligent" to "gay woman" as if most gay women were not. I'd been offended but my own ego can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He adds "fragile" to "ego" as well, when "ginormous" would be more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Im 25years old and I was with my ex for 3years after a year of being together we moved in with eachother with my daughter who calls my ex daddy our relationship was great living apart but once we moved in with eachother the arguments started and my trust issues. I always use to get funny about him going down the pub with his mates while im at home and we then ended up falling out and he would be gone all night and come in at like 3-4am drunk. I also use to get funny about him going away on holiday with his mates every year. I know him breaking up with me was my fault but not sure why he broke up with me anyway money was getting tight living together so we decided to move out and he go back to his mums and I get a place for me and my daughter we argued alot at that point because of the stress trying to find somewhere to live he said he wanted to go on a months break after moving out so we can clear our heads 3weeks into our break me text me saying we’re over I was really upset because I love him so much I was always texting him and ringing him saying I love him give me another chance then he blocked my number so I couldn’t contact him do then I message him on fb asking about my daughter as she was going on about how she doesn’t understand why she’s nit seeing daddy anymore he replies with contact me once your over me and I will have contact with your daughter.so I left it a week and even though im not over him still till this day I messaged him saying I was over him so he replies with im glad to hear your over me we will arrange something for me to see your daughter. I still love him and I wanted him back i told my sister about it and she introduced me to the Famous Prophet Akim,who helps in so many ways.i contacted him and he did his thing,before i knew it,the next day Moric called me and apologized that he was sorry for everything and im sure he will never leave me again. i am so happy now,you can also get in touch with akim on his email .(prayerstosavemarriage@hotmail.com) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Testimony On How My Ex Come Back.
    My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids . I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr Mako, which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Sonia,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr Mako's e-mail address. After reading all these,I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Dr Mako, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man... If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. Try High Makospelltemple@yahoo.com anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com or call him :+2347054263874

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is James Wilson,i met a guy in Canada i love him and he also loved me and we love each other,he was ready to do any thing for me not to loose me,when we travel to New York,we were living fine and there was no problem until one day i travel to see my brother when i was coming back i fine out that the door was open,on my way to the bed room i saw him have sex with another gay our on bed i was very angry,he told me that he was going to tell me that he was tired of me that he is going to leave with him that our relationship was over i could not believe that he was the one talking to me so he left with the Spanish guy,i was left a lone in the house i think of him every day until i came in contact with this great spiritual Uzaba who i told everything that happen and he felt sorry for me,so he assure me that my gay lover is going to come back to me so i did what he ask me to do which i did,after he cast the spell he told me that in 2 hours time he is going to come back to me that he assure me,can you believe that he came back to me and now we are more happily than before all thanks to great spiritual Uzaba so if you also need is help to get your lost gay lover back contact him on email spiritualuzabatemple@gmail.com or call +2349031695243 for his help and i believe that he can help you.you can also email me if you have any question jamesandrew2258@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

    ( agbazara@gmail.com)
    OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete