The Times is reminded of you-know-who!

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2016

Morning Joe bungles again:
Thanks to the magic of connectivity, we were able to read Gene Lyons' new column at The Daily Memo today.

When he read yesterday's New York Times, Lyons was struck by one particular passage. We were struck by that passage too. Here's what Lyons said:
LYONS (8/31/16): On TV in particular, the concept of “balance” requires solemnly equating the truly consequential with the utterly absurd...

Meanwhile, this just in! Huma Abedin’s crazy husband has been texting dirty pictures again. Try to believe the New York Times published this sentence: “Mr. Weiner’s extramarital behavior also threatens to remind voters about the troubles in the Clintons’ own marriage over the decades, including Mrs. Clinton’s much-debated decision to remain with then-President Bill Clinton after revelations of his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.”

Much debated by the voices in columnist Maureen Dowd’s head, perhaps. Most rationally consequent adults long ago decided that other people’s marriages are a foreign country where they don’t speak the language and got on with their lives. Weiner’s clearly mentally ill; journalists compulsively focused on Bill Clinton’s zipper twenty years after the fact appear similarly deranged.
"Try to believe that the New York Times published this sentence," Lyons said.

We had been struck by that sentence too—and by the sentence which followed it! In hard copy, the sentences appeared above the fold on the New York Times' front page, in a piece about Anthony Weiner's latest sexting episode.

This piece was written by Amy Chozick. Above the fold, on the paper's front page, this full passage appeared:
CHOZICK (8/30/16): Mr. Weiner’s extramarital behavior also threatens to remind voters about the troubles in the Clintons’ own marriage over the decades, including Mrs. Clinton’s much-debated decision to remain with then-President Bill Clinton after revelations of his relationship with Monica Lewinsky. Ms. Abedin’s choice to separate from her husband evokes the debates that erupted over Mrs. Clinton’s handling of the Lewinsky affair, a scandal her campaign wants left in the past.
Does Weiner's behavior "threaten to remind voters" of Bill Clinton's affair with Miss Lewinsky? After the New York Times gets through, we'd have to say that it does!

Should Chozick have raised those connections in her news report? Please note—she didn't report that some political player had been making those connections. She simply made the connections herself, in paragraph 5 of a news report atop the front page of the Times.

Eighteen years later, your upper-end mainstream press corps still lives for that connection. They love to think about Miss Lewinsky; they're quick to suggest that you should follow suit.

She never seems to be far from their minds. Their ardor hasn't cooled.

Does Abedin's decision to separate from Weiner "evoke the debates that erupted over Mrs. Clinton’s handling of the Lewinsky affair, a scandal her campaign wants left in the past?" For Chozick and her unnamed editor, yes—quite plainly, it does!

Meanwhile, the factual bungling was general during the opening segment of today's Morning Joe. The segment re-aired at 8 AM Eastern. Here's how the segment went down:

Mika said she was reading a piece by "the New York Times editorial board." Moments later, a chyron appeared supporting that false attribution.

In fact, Mika was reading at length, and somewhat selectively, from this opinion column by Richard Painter, who's described in the Times as "the chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush."

The column Mika was reading hadn't been written by the board. It wasn't a New York Times editorial, as the chyron mistakenly said. That said, no one on the Morning Joe panel corrected the false attribution. Several seemed to follow Mika in making the bogus claim.

By the end of the segment in question, Mika was grossly misrepresenting her earlier, staff-written account of the claims in a recent Wall Street Journal report. For Kevin Drum's words of caution about that report, you can just click here.

This is the way such "cable news" programs now work. The multimillionaire cable hosts perform exactly zero prep. The staff equips them with bad information and faulty chyrons. When they proceed to make false statements, their panelists refuse to correct them.

To watch the Morning Joe segment, click here. If engineers built our bridges this way, our bridges would all fall down.

9 comments:

  1. Just about every day the NYT manages to state that never have the two presidential candidates be so hated/mistrusted, especially Hillary. What a great way to "catapult the propaganda"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some testimonies about a love spell caster called DR PATRICK on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my boyfriend very much and we have been apart for a couple of months. I really missed him so much, I have tried all other means to get him back but couldn’t. I contacted DR PATRICK and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, DR PATRICK released him to let me know how much I loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have shared together. My ex is now back to me again. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend are living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it was even before our break up. All thanks goes to DR PATRICK for the excessive work that he has done for me by helping me to get back with my ex boyfriend. I would like to drop DR PATRICK mail address and hope you see this testimony and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly, mail: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com or you can call him or whatsapp +1662 493 2087




      I read some testimonies about a love spell caster called DR PATRICK on how he has helped lots of people in bringing back their ex lovers within 48hours, Sincerely I was just thinking if that was real and if this man could really help bring back my lover whom I love so much. I decided to contact him because I love my boyfriend very much and we have been apart for a couple of months. I really missed him so much, I have tried all other means to get him back but couldn’t. I contacted DR PATRICK and he told me that my ex will come back to me in the next 48 hours, DR PATRICK released him to let me know how much I loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have shared together. My ex is now back to me again. As I`m writing this testimony right now I`m the happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend are living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it was even before our break up. All thanks goes to DR PATRICK for the excessive work that he has done for me by helping me to get back with my ex boyfriend. I would like to drop DR PATRICK mail address and hope you see this testimony and contact him if you have a lover that you really want back so badly, mail: drpatrickspellcaster@gmail.com or you can call him or whatsapp +1662 493 2087

      Delete
  2. Just about every day the NYT manages to state that never have the two presidential candidates be so hated/mistrusted, especially Hillary. What a great way to "catapult the propaganda"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but it's the "trust issue" that we have her on. It is irrelevant whether or nor she is trustworthy, we only have to invoke the "TRUST ISSUE"!
    Sage conservatives know exactly what we mean. Bernie's Progressives, too, know what we mean.
    No need to explain, the meaning is pellucid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What else can i say rather than to thank Doctor Okpamen who God used to reunite my marriage. Each day of my life, i ask God to bless Dr. Okpamen for he has made my life complete by bringing back my husband to me and for this reason, i made a vow to my self that i will testify on the internet to let the world know that Dr. Okpamen is a God on Earth. My husband and i had a fight for three days which led to our divorce. On this faithful day, i came across a testimony of how Dr. Okpamen helped a lady in getting back her lover. So, i contacted him and explained to him and he told me that my days of sorrows are over that my husband will come back to me within 12 to 16 hours.. Could you believe it, my husband came home begging that he needs me back. Do you need any kind of help? Contact him now via email: ( Doctorokpamenspelltemple@hotmail.com ), call and whatsapp him via +2348135254384 OR for more confirmation call or text me on my cell# +1 (914) 517-3229. Becky Nolan USA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Testimony On How My Ex Come Back.
    My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids . I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr Mako, which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Sonia,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr Mako's e-mail address. After reading all these,I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Dr Mako, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man... If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. Try High Makospelltemple@yahoo.com anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com or call him :+2347054263874

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

    ( agbazara@gmail.com )
    OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost everyday the NYT manages to state that certainly not have the two presidential candidates be so online movies
    hated/mistrusted, mainly Hillary. What a quality technique to "catapult the propaganda"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Visit Web
    Raakenya.org
    Information

    ReplyDelete