New birther claim which is flatly untrue!

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2016

Trump on what Solis Doyle said:
Did Hillary Clinton and/or her campaign start the birther movement?

Inevitably, that seemed to be what Donald Trump told Lester Holt last night. Through Holt, he told the nation. Below, you see Trump's response to Holt's first question about his five-year reign as the nation's Birther King:
HOLT (9/26/16): Mr. Trump, for five years, you perpetuated a false claim that the nation's first black president was not a natural-born citizen. You questioned his legitimacy. In the last couple of weeks, you acknowledged what most Americans have accepted for years: The president was born in the United States. Can you tell us what took you so long?

TRUMP: I'll tell you very— Well, just very simple to say. Sidney Blumenthal works for the campaign and close, very close friend of Secretary Clinton. And her campaign manager, Patti Doyle, went to—during the campaign, her campaign against President Obama, fought very hard, and you can go look it up, and you can check it out, and if you look at CNN this past week, Patti Solis Doyle was on Wolf Blitzer saying that this happened. Blumenthal sent McClatchy, highly respected reporter at McClatchy, to Kenya to find out about it. They were pressing it very hard.

She failed to get the birth certificate. When I got involved, I didn't fail. I got him to give the birth certificate. So I'm satisfied with it.
As far as we know, Trump was speaking in English. Also, we've checked the transcript against the videotape. That's what Trump actually said.

Anyone who watched that exchange would come away with a certain impression. That viewer would think that Solis Doyle told Blitzer last week that Blumenthal, a close Clinton friend, got McClatchy News to send someone to Kenya to check out the birther claim.

Anyone who watched that exchange would have gotten that clear impression. Omigod! Solis Doyle, Clinton's (former) campaign manager, went on CNN and said it was true! "Patti Solis Doyle was on Wolf Blitzer saying that this happened!"

Trump made similar jumbled claims in his next few exchanges. We thought you might want to see what Solis Doyle actually said to Blitzer on the program in question.

In fact, Solis Doyle said nothing about Blumenthal at all when she spoke with Blitzer. He was never mentioned. Nor did she somehow admit that Clinton or the Clinton campaign started the birther lunacy. In essence, she said precisely the opposite.

Go ahead! Read what Trump told Holt again. Then, read this, the transcript of what what Solis Doyle (and Blitzer) actually said:
BLITZER (9/16/16): Let's get reaction from Patti Solis Doyle, Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign manager back in 2007 and 2008. Patti, thanks for joining us.

DOYLE: Thanks so much for having me, Wolf.

BLITZER: All right. You just tweeted a couple tweets. Let me put them up on the screen. "Hillary Clinton or her '08 campaign did not start birther movement, period. I was there." Then another tweet, "I fired the rogue and I called David Plouffe to apologize for said rogue."

What does that mean? You fired someone in the campaign, someone supporting Hillary Clinton was trying to promote this so-called birther issue? What happened?

SOLIS DOYLE: So absolutely, the campaign nor Hillary did not start the birther movement, period, end of the story there. There was a volunteer coordinator, I believe in late 2007, I think in December, one of our volunteer coordinators in one of the counties in Iowa, I don't recall whether they were an actual paid staffer, but they did forward an e-mail that promoted the conspiracy. Hillary—

BLITZER: The birther conspiracy?

SOLIS DOYLE: Yeah. Hillary made the decision immediately to let that person go. We let that person go. And it was so, you know, beyond the pale, Wolf. And so not worthy of the kind of campaign that certainly Hillary wanted to run or that we, as a staff, wanted to run that I called David Plouffe, obviously managing Barack Obama's campaign, in '07, to apologize, and basically say that this is, was not coming from us. It was a rogue volunteer coordinator and this was not the kind of campaign we wanted to run. And David graciously accepted my apology.

BLITZER: What about Mark Penn, the Democratic pollster that a lot of us know here in Washington? What was he promoting in the memorandum he put forward?

SOLIS DOYLE: I don't— can you be specific about the memorandum you're talking about? He wrote many memorandum.

BLITZER: A memorandum that was supposedly raising not necessarily the birthplace of then-Senator Barack Obama, but raising other questions about his religion, stuff like that. It was sort of a dark-filled memorandum circulating at the time. You know Mark Penn?

SOLIS DOYLE: I do know Mark Penn very well. Obviously, a chief strategist for the '08 campaign. We worked together on the '08 campaign. I don't know what he wrote but certainly the '08 campaign never promoted the birther conspiracy. Whether we took whatever advice was in the memorandum is clear by the campaign we ran. We did not use it at that time.

BLITZER: Yeah. Everything I have looked, I've looked into this pretty thoroughly. There's never a reference to the birther issue as all in that memorandum. There are other dark things. By all accounts that memorandum never went anywhere and was rejected and no one in any serious capacity in the Hillary Clinton campaign started or circulated or tried to promote the birther issue. That's a very sensitive issue, because you hear the Donald Trump campaign now saying this whole thing started with your campaign, and you're flatly denying that?

SOLIS DOYLE: Absolutely. And the one person who did promote it, again, it was a volunteer coordinator, and I can't even speak to the fact whether that person was on actual payroll. Hillary made the decision to let that person go immediately.

BLITZER: Patti, thank you so much for joining us.

SOLIS DOYLE: Thank you so much.
Blumenthal was never mentioned, not one way or the other. (He has flatly denied this claim.) Despite what Donald J. Trump said to Lester, Blumenthal was never mentioned at all.

Far from "saying that this happened," Solis Doyle flatly denied the campaign's involvement in birtherism, except for some behavior by an Iowa volunteer who was instantly fired. As a simple matter of fact (remember facts?), Solis Doyle didn't "say that this happened" at all!

If we were NBC multimillionaire Holt, we wouldn't be happy with the idea that we'd been handed such a giant pile before tens of millions of viewers.

Will Holt perform a fact-check tonight? Does the public deserve to be told how bogus Trump's bogus claim was?

25 comments:

  1. In the face of Trump's humiliation, his supporters are reminding themselves that he is not a professional politician like Hillary and thus it is unfair to expect him to perform in a presidential way. They are asking themselves: "Our candidate is doing his part, his best. What am I doing to deserve it?"

    With this attitude is there anything Trump can do that would cause them to vote for someone else? When he screws up being president, they will say, what did we do to deserve this, and we will tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trump is looking more and more like a pathological liar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a right wing radio host, same thing.

      Delete
  3. They are also saying that Clinton had advanced knowledge of the questions, that there was some Democrat "cleaner" who stole Trump's notes off his podium at the end, and that the camera work was designed to cover up something Clinton did by focusing on Trump when he wasn't speaking (even though different channels had different camera feeds). Lots of conspiracy theories out there about why Clinton won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot the microphone. The microphone that was clearly tampered with.

      Delete
    2. Some websites are commenting that Hillary's mic faded in and out. She hasn't complained. I wonder if there was a problem with the sound for both candidates. It may have affected the sound system in the auditorium and not the sound presented to TV viewers.

      Delete
  4. I hope Holt covers the fact that Rachel maddow prematurely ruled out then repeatedly ignored the possibility that a real traffic study was being conducted. There was even an engineering professor who said he saw data one could find in a real study being collected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're right...They did find and document that you could back up traffic for hours by blocking access lanes to the bridge. But they left out the part that Christie's belly shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly.

      Delete
    2. The question isn't whether an actual study was being conducted or not (they did give themselves cover), but whether one should jump to a conclusion that there was no study without any evidence to support that leap.

      Delete
  5. A long, entertaining study could now be done on the Republicans weird obsession with Sidney Blumenthal. They are like a rabid, mentally retarded dog with this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The details don't matter anymore after last night. If your country decides to elect Trump after this it means you have a citizenry that has lost its collective mind--and it's time to prepare for exile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look out! It's déjà vu all over again! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/09/26/daily-202-trump-wins-the-debate-expectations-game/57e862bce9b69b3019a1e036/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting ex back after a breakup. Am Maria 21 yrs old from England, my boyfriend of a year just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you.This is his E-mail: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or Add him up on Whats-app: +2348071622464,you can also visit his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure this story is dead:

    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article102354777.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for the facts-don't-matter world, I am:

      https://thebuckleyclub.com/examining-james-ashers-claim-that-blumenthal-pushed-birtherism-dea4e7d27aab?gi=6679bcc64e4f

      Delete
    2. That's good stuff. Thanks for posting.

      Delete
  11. My marriage of 3 years was sinking and i was devastated. My husband broke up with me and I got no explanations from him. for me to get him back, i have to find a solution, I went to 3 different spell casters they all failed to bring back my husband, I really wasn’t sure anymore if spells were real so as i was making a search one morning i saw some great reviews about happylovespell2@gmail.com, I was a bit skeptical at first but a friend asked me to try and see what happens, so I requested for a love spell from this spell caster, he said he will take his time to do a love spell that will bring my man back to me, after some days my husband reconciled with me, It felt good to have my husband back, when he returned he said he would never leave me again. I saw him transform, all thanks to Dr happy he was like a father to me when i loose hope. now my lover is more open, with happy Spell I know love spell is real, Thanks to Dr happy Spell for getting me my man back. I appreciate all his time, effort, and energy he puts during the spell cast. contact him on via mail happylovespell2@gmail.com he is the best of all spell casters Add him on Whats-pp +2348133873774??????.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experience and i need to share this great testimony..I visited a forum here on the internet on the 8TH MATCH 2015, And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called DR MARVEL on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. No body would have been able to convince me about magical spells, not until DR MARVEL did a marvelous work for me and restored my marriage of 6 years back to me and brought my spouse back to me in the same 24 hours just as i read on the internet..i was truly flabbergasted and shocked when my husband kneel down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of words and joy, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you DR MARVEL you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again.. here is his website: www.extremespellhome.webs.com And his email extremespellhome@hotmail.com. His telephone number +1 669 221 3962

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experience and i need to share this great testimony..I visited a forum here on the internet on the 8TH MATCH 2015, And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called DR MARVEL on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. No body would have been able to convince me about magical spells, not until DR MARVEL did a marvelous work for me and restored my marriage of 6 years back to me and brought my spouse back to me in the same 24 hours just as i read on the internet..i was truly flabbergasted and shocked when my husband kneel down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of words and joy, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you DR MARVEL you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again.. here is his website: www.extremespellhome.webs.com And his email extremespellhome@hotmail.com. His telephone number +1 669 221 3962

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never believed in spells and magic until I experienced one sometime ago and it really worked for me.I was in love with this guy and he was in love with me too for 2years and we where making preparations to get married but to my surprise,his parents didn’t want his hand in the marriage cos of the religious difference.I was about loosing my man to another lady under the influence of his parents until I met a spell caster on net that claimed he can help me out.He helped me cast a very strong spell that helped change his parents mind and i noticed also that my mans love for me has greatly increased. We are happily married now. People with similar problems can contact the spell caster via eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. AM A LIVING WITNESS AND A BENEFICIARY OF DR OGUDU LOVE SPELL, PREGNACY SPELL AND MARRIAGE REUNITING, CONTACT HIM NOW FOR YOUR MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS SOLUTION WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CONTACTING HIM

    My name is CINDY SCOTT am from BELARUS, am a woman who loves and cherish my husband more than any other thing you can imagine on earth surface. My husband was so lovely and caring after 9 years of marriage he was seriously ill and the doctor confirm and said he has a kidney infection that he needed a kidney donor, that was how I started searching for a good Samaritan who can help,doctor has given me a periodic hour that he will live just 2 days left, that was how I ask the doctor if I can be of help to my husband that was how he carried out the test,the confirming was successful, I was now having this taught that since 9years now we got married I have not be able to get pregnant can I be able to get pregnant again after the surgery? That was the question I ask the doctor, he never answer his response was do you want to lost your husband? I immediately reply no I can't afford to loose him. After the operation i and my husband came back home and live happily as husband and wife should. After 7months my husband came home with another lady telling me, that is our new wife that will give us kids and take care of us, that was how I was confused and started crying all day, That was not enough soonest my husband ran away with the new find love and never keep in contact with me. Since then I was confuse don't no what to do that was how I went back to the doctor and tell him everything, he told me that, this is not just an ordinary thing that he have heard of us situation so many times but he knows a man who is a voodoo spell caster who can help me out of my present situation that he has directed more 6 woman to him and they all came back with positive stories and testimonials about him that I should tell him all my problem that he can help me out that was how i contacted him and i did as instructed. After 3days and I have done what he ask me to do, my husband started searching for me that was how we settle he also told me not to worry that I will get pregnant, this month making it the fifth Month I contacted him am now 3months pregnant. These great spell cater is a great man, if you are in any kind of problem you can contact him here on his email OGUDUSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM...WHATSAPP NUMBER +2348106058254...WEBSITE...http://oguduspelltemple.wixsite.com/drogudu

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember my experience with hackers i contacted online, i almost lost hope in finding out if my husband was loyal to me and has been loyal in our 20 years marriage,I lost a lot of funds in paying these so called hackers so i made up my mind that if i get scammed again i'll just forget about finding out what God doesn't want me to know, Then i saw reviews about ( mikejosh@cyber-wizard.com ) and decided contact him and if and if i hear any stupid excuse won't contact anybody and just accept that God doesn't want me to then he proved to me that he isn't a cheat by working a sample job for me but to my greatest surprise he did the job and sent results to me fast, i was so happy but sad part was i divorced my husband, and i will drop an advise for people who wants any kind of hacking services stopped being scammed by people who impersonate being hackers, contact ( mikejosh@cyber-wizard.com ) for a fast and clean job.Thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life! Am giving this testimony because am so happy, I want to thank Dr. Osasu for the great thing He has done in my life , He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quit almost when we wanted to get married. I was so emotional breakdown to the extent i could not do anything reasonable again, after 2months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster on line called Dr Osasu, this was after I have been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced me to Dr Osasu a true Spell Caster. In less than 24 hours i saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because i thought i had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. Osasu for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. email: Drosasu25@gmail.com WhatsApp Number: +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete
  18. Am here to testify of a great spell caster who is very straight forward with his words of casting spells. When my Wife left me for another Man i was so confused,but one day a friend of mine gave me the email address of this great spell caster called Awo Babatunde, I contacted this man and explained to him all that i was going through,he then told me to be calm and not worry anymore because my case is a very easy one. At first i never believe all that he was saying until when my wife returned home two days later begging me to forgive him all that he has done to me and to please accept him back into my life,I was so amazed,I never believe it was going to happen that fast.
    This man is truly great indeed. Contact him today for a perfect solution to your love problem, Awobabatunde50@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2349045101972

    ReplyDelete