Intellectual overload watch: Now they've even got Friedersdorf!

THURSDAY, MAY 12, 2016

Mistaken claim about Trump:
The craziness of Candidate Trump is causing circuits to misfire.

Now it's even happened to Conor Friedersdorf. In a brief post at the Atlantic, he quotes Trump's "extravagant praise" for Hillary Clinton, as stated by Trump on Fox in November 2012.

Trump told Fox that Clinton is "terrific." This is Friedersdorf's assessment:
FRIEDERSDORF (5/11/16): Many Trump supporters feel that their candidate is the only one who says what he really thinks and tells it like it is. That cannot be true, for the simple reason that so much of what Trump says now is directly contradicted by what he said in the recent past.

Today, he says, Hillary is an incompetent failure who was complicit in her husband’s abuse of women. A few years ago, the Clintons were terrific people and Hillary was a hard worker who does a good job. Trump flip-flops exactly like every other opportunistic politician.
Routinely, Friedersdorf is very sharp. For that reason, we're amazed by the highlighted statement.

No politician in modern history has "flip-flopped" in anything like the way Trump routinely does. We're amazed that Friedersdorf is failing to see what is sitting there right there before him.

Politicians do change their positions on various issues. Trump changes his position on a wide array of issues virtually every time he opens his mouth.

This behavior goes beyond anything that can sensibly be called "flip-flopping." It's much closer to the kind of behavior which suggests serious instability of some clinical kind.

Donald Trump isn't like other pols. Something seems to be keeping people from being able to see this.

8 comments:

  1. “LOVE, Happiness, Trust, is the key to LIFE”. That was the word from Dr happy when I consulted his powerful Love Spell. I married the wrong man; I realized that after Three years of our unfruitful marriage. Everything was going from Best to Worst in our life, no child, I got demoted from work after our marriage, my husband was sacked a year after. His application for new job in various offices was constantly declined even though he was qualified enough. I was made to take care of my family with the low income I earn get that wasn’t enough to pay our rent. We keep praying a seeking for help from some people, my friends laugh at me behind because I was advised not to get married yet.It was one Thursday night that my husband woke me up and told me that has thought enough about our crisis, he said that our crisis is not ordinary and it’s beyond our spiritual level. He suggested we should consult Dr happy from testimonies he showed me online about how he has been helping families. I was afraid, I don’t like evil or spell but I supported him to contact him if he can help us. We consulted him via happylovespell2@gmail.com and he replied positively after 20munites with congratulating email that he can help us but he will need our pure heart and trusts in his work if he will cast the spell on us and purify our life. We agreed to his terms. He cast the spell and told us to expect results within 5days. I waited for three days nothing happened, so I started having doubt and blaming my husband for emailing Dr happy. It was on the fifth day that my husband was called for an interview and he got a well-paying work, I was prompted to a higher position. I missed my period on the 5th day and it was confirmed that I am with a baby. Things have really changed for us for good and we now have our own house and cars. I will never forget what Dr happy told us “LOVE is the key to LIFE”, this word keep me going. People that laughed at us are coming close for help and I am delighted to welcome them because my family is now blessed. Dr happy is a savior and man that keep to his word even when I doubted his powers at the end of the spell. Thank to your Oracle for helping us via happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the Guitar PlayerMay 13, 2016 at 12:08 AM

    The answer did not even take more than a single day.

    From Yesterday's Post "Youth Watch"\

    -------------------------------------------

    "Anonymous

    May 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

    How soon will it be until it takes until the next calendar day before Bob's fans, embarrassed for their favorite blogger, write the first comment."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it amusing that Bob followed his "Youth Watch" post with a piece which trotted out a column Mary McGrory wrote about Al Gore in 1999.

      Why was it amusing? Because the column was written when McGrory was an octogenarian. Whenever Bob attacks the oldsters he never mentions THEIR age and the possibility that senility could be responsible for the quality of their work.

      In the deteriorating intellectual vision of our rapidly aging blogger it is only youth which causes a scribe to flub.

      Delete
    2. I don't know how many anons there are who apparently follow the blog on a daily basis, taking time away from their no doubt busy schedules, and make it plain their disdain for TDH, no matter what he says. Is it just 11:09, or are there 2, 3, or 5 or more? Can you explain again why day in and day out you bother to read a blogger who you seem to have no use for?

      Delete
    3. are octogenarians suddenly not responsible for what they write?

      Delete
    4. How old are you Brewster?

      Delete
    5. Brewster seems to fear his inexperience might detract from his question.

      Delete
  3. Dear priest ogidiga, Thanks for everything. You are the best among all the spellcasters I tried these last months. They gave me little results but none of them did what you done. I hardly believe this but you just fulfilled my dream. I say it again: You are the best my husband is back. any one look for help should visit him on email him on [M I R A C L E C E N T E R 1 1 0 @ G M A I L . C O M] or whatsapp at + 2 3 4 8 1 8 2 2 6 0 9 8 2
    Monica Fay.

    ReplyDelete