Cable clowncar watch: Joe and Mika rant and yell!

MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2016

Dumbness, Wyoming style:
Over the weekend, Wyoming's Democratic Party held its caucuses.

As is often the case with caucuses, it's hard to tell what happened. The official reporting looks like this, but as far as we know, these are not total votes:
Results of the Wyoming Democratic caucuses
Sanders: 55.7%
Clinton: 44.3%
As noted, those percentages don't seem to be percentages of total votes. The New York Times reports it like this:

"Vote totals for the Wyoming Democratic Party are state convention delegates won."

According to the Times, therefore, those percentages represent percentages of "state convention delegates" won by Sanders and Clinton, whatever that's supposed to mean. As of now, the Times and other newspapers don't seem to be reporting anything like "total votes."

What's it like when a small population state like Wyoming conducts statewide party caucuses? For one thing, almost no one comes!

The leading authority seems to report that 8,753 people took part in the 2008 Wyoming Democratic caucuses, although that may not be what its numbers actually mean. By way of comparison, Obama got 82,868 votes in Wyoming that fall.

Already, we've established a few key points. Within our "press corps," very few people seem to know how the various caucuses actually work in the various states. Beyond that, no one seems to care. In this case, we can tell you this:

Fourteen delegates to the Democratic convention were at stake in Wyoming this weekend. On whatever basis obtains in that state, Sanders and Clinton ended up with seven delegates each.

If delegates were awarded on a strict proportional basis, it looks like the split would have been 8-6 in favor of Sanders. That said, it all depends, in various states, on the way a candidate's total vote is spread throughout the various districts.

On whatever basis obtains in Wyoming, Clinton seems to have won one more delegate than she would have received from a straight proportional split. Sanders got one less.

Starting with the decision to hold caucuses instead of a primary, this is dumb, dull-witted stuff. But then, along come Mika and Joe to rant and yell of a morning.

Their screeching this morning went on for nine minutes. They made no attempt to explain any facts; this is good, since there's little reason to think that either cable star actually knew any facts.

To watch the nine-minute tape of their screeching and yelling, you can just click here, then scroll down and click again.

Joe and Mika did have a script, so they bellowed and yelled. Regular sidekicks Wallace, Halperin and Heilemann all agreed not to say how remarkably stupid their co-hosts were being, although you can see that they all understood.

(In cable news, the agreement not to mention the transcendent stupidity of the host is, of course, a basic part of the standard guest-star deal.)

The nine-minute clown car you see on that tape is our cable "press corps" in action. The pair of clowns you see screeching and yelling are each paid millions per year.

Just so you'll know: To enable their screeching and yelling, Mika and Joe added Wyoming's four "super-delegates" to the weekend's delegate count. In line with basic rules of cable screeching, they never explained that they'd done this.

This weekend's caucuses had nothing to so with the selection of those super-delegates. There's an extremely slim outside chance that Mika and Joe may have actually known that. If so, they knew something else:

For purposes of maximum ranting, they knew they mustn't tell.

5 comments:

  1. My life became devastated when my husband sent me packing, after 8 years that we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to make my husband take me back. One day at work, i was absent minded not knowing that my boss was calling me, so he sat and asked me what its was all about i told him and he smiled and said that it was not a problem. I never understand what he meant by it wasn't a problem getting my husband back, he said he used a spell to get his wife back when she left him for another man and now they are together till date and at first i was shocked hearing such thing from my boss. He gave me an email address of the great spell caster who helped him get his wife back, i never believed this would work but i had no choice that to get in contact with the spell caster which i did, and he requested for my information and that of my husband to enable him cast the spell and i sent him the details, but after two days, my mom called me that my husband came pleading that he wants me back, i never believed it because it was just like a dream and i had to rush down to my mothers place and to my greatest surprise, my husband was kneeling before me pleading for forgiveness that he wants me and the kid back home, then i gave Happy a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world, that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn't done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind, kindly contact Happy for help and you can reach him via email: happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad. The analysts are lonely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were 7265 votes cast in Wyoming.

    http://www.laramieboomerang.com/news/local_news/sanders-wins-clinton-dealt-nd-wyoming-caucus-defeat-in-years/article_4fecac3a-fedd-11e5-8dcf-33c6d1b9ebe7.html


    Bob, of course, relies on the NY Times for all his news as well as whipping boy service, and Wikepedia for all history except the official Al Gore history, which he personally maintains in a vault guarded 24/7 by a crack team of hard bench sleeping analysts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess nobody is saying anything because there is no getting around this.

    It's sort of like the mostly unremarked upon Denny Hastert story:
    David in Ca's people made a child rapist Speaker of The House, but this will never get a sliver of the attention Monica Lewinsky received.

    Vote Hillary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch the revolting Squint Eyes in the morning anymore, haven't for quite a while, and I have not the stomach to click on the link TDH provided above.

    I'm just so sick of these elitist morons putting their thumbs on the scale in their relentless efforts to derail Secretary Clinton.

    ReplyDelete