Kasich watch: Five years ago, Kasich made a mistake!

MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2016

Maddow wants you to hate him for it:
Five years ago, in May 2011, John Kasich, governor of Ohio, made an embarrassing mistake.

Kasich's mistake was so utterly trivial that virtually no one discussed it at the time. Two Fridays ago, Rachel Maddow used the trivial, five-year-old event as her first example in a poisonous display which she described as "our child's treasury of John Kasich engaging with women voters."

Five years later, Kasich's embarrassing, trivial error was dealt to us the rubes as part of a poisonous portrait of Kasich. We were being taught how to loathe The Other.

Warning! Because Kasich's mistake was so utterly pointless, it seems that no one ever developed any background material about it. The videotape of the incident seems to be rather truncated. At any rate, this is the way the whole thing went down, as shown by the poisonous Maddow:
MADDOW (4/15/16): John Kasich ran for state legislature in Ohio starting in the '70s. He won nine straight congressional races in Ohio. He won two governor races in Ohio. This is the second time he's running for president. And that is an impressive amount of experience.

It's marked him out as someone who has gone far in politics, given what tends to happen when he talks to people, or about them, particularly when those people are women. It doesn't have to be women but it's usually women.

Behold, happy Friday night! This is our child's treasury of John Kasich engaging with women voters.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

KASICH: Is this your mom?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Are you serious?

KASICH: I didn't know. Oh, girl friend!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Definitely not kidding.
To watch Maddow's full segment, just click here. Warning! Probable brain cell loss!

Basically, this is what happened in this first incident from Rachel Maddow's aptly named "child's treasury of John Kasich." It happened five years ago:

A couple seems to have asked Governor Kasich if they could take a photograph with him. As they approached him for the photo, Kasich asked the rather young-looking man if the woman with him was his mom.

As it turned out, the woman in question was the young man's girl friend. The videotape is highly truncated, but it looks like folks were embarrassed.

You can watch the videotape here. It's part of a blog post which is five years old.

Five years later, Rachel Maddow thought you needed to see that videotape. She offered it as part of an opening segment in which she tried to help us rubes learn to hate Kasich more.

Make no mistake, and don't be a hack. Maddow's segment was designed to teach us to hate and loathe Kasich. Her basic theme in that opening segment was this:

Candidate Kasich says horrible things to and about women.

Does Kasich actually do that? We'll answer your question with a question. If Kasich behaves that way on a regular basis, why would Maddow have to go back five years to present an embarrassing but utterly pointless example like that? People, we're just asking!

Why did Kasich think the woman in question was the guy's mother? We'll take a guess. The guy in this incident looked very young. By conventional standards, the woman was substantially overweight. This may have made her look older.

At any rate, Kasich made the kind of mistake which counts as embarrassing in our culture. Five years later, Maddow used it as part of a poisonous segment designed to teach liberals to hate.

Consider a quick bit of background:

For the record, Candidate Kasich is a bit like Their Own Joe Biden. Each man comes from working-class roots. Each man's political persona is built around a type of non-stop "hail fellow well met" verbalizing which emphasizes his connection with regular people.

The word for these fellows is "garrulous." When you talk as much as these guys do, eventually things may come out wrong.

Biden has produced some awkward moments down through the years. Because Biden belongs to our tribe, propagandists like Maddow will treat such incidents as a sign of his good heart.

Kasich has produced some awkward moments too. On April 15, Maddow devoted the first segment of her show to an ugly goal—she tried to help us learn to hate Kasich for these scattered, largely trivial moments.

The incident we've discussed today happened five years back. Because it was so insignificant, virtually no one said anything about it at the time.

On April 15, it became the opening play in the recitation of horribles which Maddow described as "our child's treasury of John Kasich engaging with women voters." We think a person who plays it this way ought to be pulled off the air.

Maddow was working to make her liberal viewers stupid and ugly that night. Increasingly, this seems to be her program's principle play. Increasingly, her work is designed to take liberal viewers into the realm of prehistoric tribal sorting. In that realm, you can't simply oppose a public figure like Kasich. You have to see him as an evil example of Those People, the evil tribe found Over There.

Maddow's program has become a low-IQ rolling embarrassment. It's now a steady-stream purveyor of the hateful and dumb.

In the next few days, we'll show you more of what she did to help us learn to loathe Kasich that night. Maddow's work is now bad for the liberal soul. In a better, less corporate world, she'd no longer be on the air.

22 comments:

  1. Interestingly, just yesterday a young woman drove up to the house of the new next-door neighbors...I had met the young guy but not the wife whose name he had mentioned...I was in the yard so when she got out of the car I said "Hi, are you Susan? She said "No, I'm the ex-wife here to pick up the kids". Embarrassing, but not of great significance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an experience like that. I ordered a hamburger from a fast food place and the server gave me a senior discount. I was 40. I went home and asked my husband if I looked old and he said the clerk was 18 and probably didn't know how to judge adult ages very well.

      Delete
    2. I was asked at a RESALE CENTER if I qualified for a SENIOR DISCOUNT! I thought she was asking me out FOR A DATE! I thought it would be odd... me being BLACK and SHE BEING WHITE. She would have to keep an eye on THAT POCKET BOOK WITH ME! Being out of FOOD STAMPS this month and all that, no steaks, lobster and 40ozs unless...

      Delete
  2. Kasich has shown some paternalistic attitudes toward women. Being innocent in this case doesn't get him off the hook for other statements betraying an unfortunate attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ Is that you , Rachel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she and her staff hate themselves and therefore have unresolved reservoirs of hate to throw around at others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Maddow's work is now bad for the liberal soul."

    Rachel Maddow has been treated "with contempt"by Bob Somerby since she failed to respond to a question he posed on his blog before she was even a contributor to MSNBC in 2008.

    NOW has nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't, as it happens, form my views of Kasich from watching Rachel Maddow. Nope, I observed his smug pronouncements on Bill Clinton's behavior as guest host of "The O"Reilly Factor" years ago. Apparently the great pass Bob extends to O"Reilly really goes for his guest hosts as well! Kacish is just the kind of guy who self righteously condemned Clinton to the skies, so his party could make a child rapist the longest running Speaker of the House in History, the man who oversaw a congress that pretty much burned down the American economy on his watch.
    Beyond his overplayed splits with the tea party, Kasich is the equal of Tom Delay, who now would extend his old child molester pal leniency. At Joe Biden's worst, Kasich in no fucking Joe Biden. And
    Bob treating Rachell Maddow like Hastert treated one of his wrestling pupils does not make it so.
    Pull you thumb out of your ass, Bob, and go look at Kasich on the issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it possible he just doesn't watch O'Reilly?

      That Kasich is bad on the issues doesn't excuse Maddow's treatment of him. Since he is so bad, she could have said any number of true and fair criticisms of him on her show. Instead she uses an unfair video of a mistake anyone could make.

      Delete
    2. Katich being bad on the issues makes Maddow's treatment of him a big so what. Unless, of course, you have some kind of strange obsession with Rachel and a big soft spot for Republican "moderates."

      Delete
    3. Dave the Guitar PlayerApril 26, 2016 at 12:22 PM

      Greg, you should realize that you are giving O'Reilly a pass on his behavior. Since all of us progressives are "wrong" on the issues, all the over-the-top slams by Bill O'Reilly are just a big so what too. Right? I thought we were the good guys?

      Delete
  7. Even just in the current campaign there is wealth of Kasich saying very odd things in general and specifically to women. I don't know why Maddow chose the five year old clip, there are innumerous bites she can use from the past year. The degree to which his ramblings give the impression he is garrulous is misleading. Over his career, he has shown himself to be a remarkably mean-spirited person. He was very active in pursuing Clinton's impeachment. He worked for Lehman Brothers after a failed attempt to run for president. He carries around a debt clock that grossly overstates the debt. The guy is an angry mean rooster.

    http://bluenationreview.com/kasichs-odd-speech-a-reminder-he-still-doesnt-get-women/

    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/john-kasich-mean-became-nice-new-hampshire-213589

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he thinks teachers don't need teachers' lounges.

      Delete
  8. Kasich has shown no sign that he understands the relativity of simultaneity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband broke up with me last week, i was so frustrated and i could not know what next to do again, i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him broke up with me so that he can be able to get marry to the other lady and this lady i think use witchcraft on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to get back my man until i went to NY to see a friend and who was having the same problem with me but she latter got her Husband back and i asked her how she was able to get her husband back and she told me that their was a powerful spell caster in Africa name Dr.Unity that he help with love spell in getting back lost lover back and i decided to contacted the same Dr.Unity and he told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and the Dr told me that i will get the result after 48hours, and he told me that my husband was going to call me by 9pm in my time and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one good family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Unity of Unityspelltemple@gmail.com , he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that good spell casters still exist and Dr.Unity is one of the good spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or you have your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore contact the powerful spell caster Dr.Unity on his email: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com .if you have any problem contact Dr.Unity, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you. Thank you sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had been married for a while and things were OK, I was in love with her, she was crazy about me, but later on everything changed and by complicated exterior circumstances which did not have to do with us, we decided to pause for a while, but still remain friends. But in the end, she started getting cold: she treated me as if she did not know me, she acted too immature to the point where she did not even say hi to me when we bumped into each other (we had the same circle of friends). Of course, it hurt so badly, I wanted to kill her. Then out of nowhere she disappeared. I wrote her for her birthday and she replied little. Some of my “friends” saw she had left and started going cold with me too, as if it was my fault that she had left. The few that were still my close friends and still hers, told me she had moved on, that it was best not to make contact with her. Then out of the blue some months later she reappeared, but still acting like a douche. I was suffering emotionally of course, because we had never even had a divorce, it was just supposed to be a pause, so I did not know how to react, what to feel, what to do… anyway, she kept coming over and over on the weekends, and I had to deal with my “friends” who the moment they saw her, immediately left me and went over to her. Eventually, I decided to give up trying to restore anything with her as she was showing no signs of wanting me back, and started healing. Around four months after we had ended our relationship, I find out she is with another guy! That’s when I knew I had not gotten over her, because I cried, I was mad, it was just a feeling of “oh, poor me”. I could not stand losing her to some other guy, I decided to go diabolical (i.e. via spell). I got involved with a lot of fraudulent so-called spell casters on the internet who ripped me off my money without getting a result as to what I wanted. I almost lost my sanity. Just as I almost was giving up, one faithful morning, I received a mail from one of the spell castes I had applied for spell with but never got a reply all along. He made me to understand that he could not attend to all his costumers then because it was that time of the year for his annual fellowship with his ancestors for the renewal of his spiritual and supernatural gift. I told him not to worry about the spell anymore, that I was done with all of them fake spell casters. He assured me of his 100% genuine work of this gift which he possessed. I decided to give it a try. After spending about 2500 USD (which was due to my inability to provide a whole lot of materials which he needed for the spell process), I am happy to announce to the world that I have gotten back my wife and we are expecting our first baby. All thanks to Dr. Kene Dilli. All you out there tired of all these fraudsters that call themselves spell casters (seeking to rip were they have not sown) and you require legitimate spell for whatsoever purpose, contact Dr. Kene Dilli on his email address; kenedillitemples AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  11. NO.1 Spell caster, Voodoo spells, Egyptian magical rings, binding your lover to love you Only, bring back lost lover even if lost for a long time. Do you want your lover to marry you? do you want to stop a divorce or you want a divorce? lucky charms for financial problems. Do you want to win a Court case or win a jackpot? looking for a Job & Promotion at work? are you the only person suffering In the family? you Failing to get Babies (Men & women) family members Jealousy about you? protection charms? do you have bad dreams? are you fired & you want your Job back? do you have problem with your boss at work? women charms for men to admire & propose to you. His he unwilling to marry you?(Come Now) is there Some one disturbing your relationship?(Come Now) don't die with your problems, at Dr Olokun's shrine you will experience a tremendous turn around.
    Email: drolokun23@gmail.com
    Phone number: +15304756629

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am here to share my testimony of how gracious i am to God I am being blessed through this wonderful man called Dr. Ogudugu. My life is back!!! After 3years of Broken marriage, my Wife left me with two kids. I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr Ogudugu via: (greatogudugu@gmail.com),which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,i came across alot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. I also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Ana,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr Ogudugu e-mail address. After reading all these i decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him after doing all he ask me to do. In just 48hours, my Wife came back home to me and the kids. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Dr Ogudugu is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man...If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems. Kindly contact High Dr Ogudugu via: greatogudugu@gmail.com anytime, he is the answer to your problems.

    HIV / AIDS

    HERPES / CANCER

    Need a divorce?

    You want your ex lover back?

    Do you want to get pregnant?

    You want to be famous or rich?

    Do you want super growth in your business

    You want to be good academically honorable?

    Need a job?

    You need a husband?

    Do you have a problem in your married life?

    Do you want to win the lottery or win a court case?

    I hope you find the solution and be happy as i am now ..So brothers and sisters i have tested this man Dr Ogudugu spell temple Trust and i have found that he is real and genuine. I am now the happiest Man on earth today, Contact his email id and be joyful in your life. (greatogudugu@gmail.com) Tel: +2348142250751 More gratitude and thanks to you again the Great Dr Ogudugu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow i never thought i will happy in my life ever again, i want you all to thank DR OGUDUGU of GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM, he is a father that takes care of his children the spell caster of our time, he has saved me from a very ugly situation that almost made my life miserable and i want you all to thank him for me,my husband and i have be married for so many years now with children and the relationship was being threatened by a small girl in his working place,she was almost destroying my home i met so many spell casters but to no avail until i met a friend who came from africa and she told me about DR OGUDUGU, and i decided to contact him and try him out as i was losing faith in all spell casters, but he told not to worry that now am in his temple everything will be alright he assured me 100% that his spell has no side effects and that it will work straight and save my home and my marriage and after he has performed the sacrifices and casted the spell, my husband came back to us with love and affection and he loved us more and more and he never looked back or none did his love for me waiver, if you are also experiencing this sort of your situation in your home, if your husband is drifting away, if you are experiencing a broken home or you have lost your husband to a young woman outside there then look no further help is here as GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM is ready to help you out okay for any of your problem is it financial needs, revenge spell, job spell, promotion spell what kind of spell do you need DR OGUDUGU is going to solve it for you okay i have promised him to always talk of his good works to the world in general and to any body who cares to listen, you can email him on his personal email on or GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM and he will attend to you as soon as possible okay once again his email is GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you need any kind of help please do reach Dr Ogudugu on his website: www.greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hello Everybody, I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $20, 000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $20, 000.00 Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact via email:(challotloan@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Hello Everybody, I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $20, 000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $20, 000.00 Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact via email:(challotloan@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete