BREAKING: He didn't know how C-bombs work!

TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 2018

Then, the C-bomb exploded:
In this morning's Washington Post, Dan Zak reviews the recent excitement on social media concerning Barr and Bee.

Zak describes the daily search for excitement and outrage which now defines our dimwitted political culture. Right at the start of his tick-tock, he cites this strange bit of behavior by Barr:
ZAK (6/5/18): Jon Levine woke shortly after 7 a.m. last Tuesday and scrolled through Twitter in bed, looking for overnight curiosities. Minutes earlier, Chelsea Clinton had politely debunked Roseanne Barr’s loony claim that she was married to George Soros’s nephew. That would make a good post, thought Levine, who is media editor at the showbiz news site the Wrap.
The showbiz editor at The Wrap was looking for "overnight curiosities"—and for big huge excitement. He started with a demented tweet in which Barr seemed to have bought the idea that Chelsea Clinton had married a nephew of Soros.

Barr, of course, isn't stupid, so why would she have believed (or simply written) such a thing? While we're at it, why do people believe all sorts of crazy things, a phenomenon which has become more apparent with the rise of the Internet, where crazy things are being asserted all hours of the day?

We think again of our basic question about Barr: Is she primarily a racist, or could it be that she is mainly in the thrall of the "mental health issues" to which Tom Arnold alluded on CNN? Also, do we think that question matters, or do we simply want to hate The Others?

Regarding Bee, we were struck by the following passage—especially by the cluelessness of one journalistic star:
ZAK: On her show “Full Frontal,” Samantha Bee decried the White House’s aggressive actions toward families of undocumented immigrants and then lobbed a vulgar plea at Ivanka Trump: “Do something about your dad’s immigration practices, you feckless [unprintably bad word]!”

Daily Beast entertainment reporter Matt Wilstein published a story on the invective at 10:15 p.m., after the show posted the segment on Facebook and just before it aired on TBS.

“I didn’t know quite how much outrage it would cause because it didn’t seem that outside the realm of her normal commentary,” Wilstein says. Bee “uses pretty strong language all the time.”
Matt Wilstein didn't know the C-bomb was loaded! And by the way:

To Wilstein, the C-bomb is just "strong language." It isn't the ultimate misogynist slur!

We're often struck by the tribal cluelessness of Wilstein's work at the Beast. In that passage, you see a remarkable confession—and a guidepost to the way we liberals find ways to lose, even to people like Trump.

Bee had decided to drop a C-bomb on Ivanka Trump. When she did, Wilstein "didn’t know quite how much outrage it would cause because it didn’t seem that outside the realm of her normal commentary."

He didn't know how much outrage it would cause! There you see the perfect portrait of the terminally clueless progressive—the sort of clueless fellow who's endlessly useful to Trump.

Wilsteinn didn't know that dropping the C-bomb on a public woman's head would trigger public outrage! The liberal world, and Democratic candidates, have suffered decades of harm from people like this—from the politically clueless entertainers and hangers-on who attach themselves to liberal projects and causes.

He didn't know the C-bomb was loaded! You can hardly be more clueless than that. But this is the way we've chosen to lose, dating all the way back to Larry David's wonderful joke about Jesus in the summer of 2000.

That too caused days of turmoil, in an election which ended up being decided by roughly two or three votes.

Do we actually care about progressive interests? If so, We need to get rid of our dopey celebrities. We need to get rid of our publicity-hound TV stars. We need to get rid of the fiery progressives who are so out of touch that they don't know how people will react to C-bombs—or to comparisons to "empty boxes of Tampons," and of course to loaded diapers which are "full of shit."

We need to unload our useless children. We need to get rid of them bad.

Having said that, we'll do no such thing. As a tribe, we're remarkably dumb but also massively self-impressed. Like other tribes, we're loaded with hate, and we've long loved to lose.

He didn't know how C-bombs work. Then, the C-bomb exploded!

Our question remains: Have you seen anyone ask TBS how Bee's C-bomb got pre-approved for airing?

As far as we know, no one has asked that fairly obvious question. Most likely, by the rules of the guild, no one ever will.

14 comments:

  1. "Is she primarily a racist, or could it be that she is mainly in the thrall of the "mental health issues""

    The fallacy of the excluded middle, Bob: a perfectly normal person. Why don't you question the lib-zombie definition of 'racist'?

    "To Wilstein, the C-bomb is just "strong language." It isn't the ultimate misogynist slur!"

    Again, the lib-zombie definition: they, lib-zombies, can say anything, because they, lib-zombies, are beautiful well-meaning individuals. Their opponents, on the other hand, are racists, misogynists, and homophobes no matter what they say...

    Lib-zombieism 101, dear Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree that those who are brain-dead are way more beautiful and well-meaning than your standard elite loving Conservative.

      Delete
    2. Mao is not a serious commenter, Mao does not believe any of his/her comments, they are drenched with irony and sarcasm. Mao is a laugh for progressives and liberals. Mao provides entertainment for Democratics. Mao's act is old and stale. Mao's lack of creativity indicates despondency.

      Mao gets additional pay for every response Mao generates.

      Enjoy a dinner out on me, Mao. Or a pee hooker if that floats your boat.

      Delete
  2. "The Others" aren't outraged about the "c" word. When their tribe uses it against "us", they are perfectly ok with it. Ted Nugent called Hillary the "c" word and the "b" word. Trump has publicly used profanity his whole life. In 2016, I saw bumper stickers that read "Trump that B**ch."

    They only object when it is used against them. Or they pretend to object, based upon whatever their propaganda machine decides to object to after scouring the liberal world for the next faux outrage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, but a search of the 2000 Howler Archives yields no Somerby coverage of the Larry David joke that "caused days of turmoil, in an election which ended up being decided by roughly two or three votes."

    In fact, a general Google search yields only one mention of the joke in a piece praising Joe Lieberman and the evidence of the turmoil was that Bill Bennett attacked him for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob spent the first dozen years of this blog bemoaning the fact that "children calling themselves journalists exaggerated and distorted what his poor college roomie said.

    Now after accurately quoting what Wilstein said,
    he exaggerates it.

    "Wilsteinn didn't know that dropping the C-bomb on a public woman's head would trigger public outrage!"

    No. Bob. He said he didn't know QUITE HOW MUCH outrage.

    Quit being such a hypocritical dick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.thedailybeast.com/female-comics-stand-with-samantha-bee-and-michelle-wolf-feckless-cnts-deserve-criticism

      Delete
  5. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE,PROSPER LOAN FIRM IS THE ONLY WAY OUT FROM ANY FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES { prosperloanfirm@yahoo.com }

    Greetings great mind, It will be my greatest pleasure saving Individuals and companies from extortion, I know not everyone will want to take it upon their self to reveal the bitter truth about online Lending because of insecurity, Time of doing it and all that. I Ryan F. Tyler, an outstanding businessman who reside at Oakland, California has taken it upon himself to share this article to whom it may concern so they can learn and educate their self from it . It's bad to the extend where you see testimonies online about getting a loan and it turn out to be fake. For real i have fallen for that tricks countless time to the extend i lost almost 65,000usd in total all in the name of getting a loan to invest in a very lucrative business. After so many failed attempt of securing a loan, I and my Manager went online to do a thorough search and found this company PROSPER LOAN FIRM +1(816) 366-8769 ) but before giving it a try we also went ahead to make sure they are registered under BBB, check their reviews and also go to their headquarter to confirm their existence and capability.We were so careful because we didn't wanted to lose any dime again and to our greatest expectation they deliver according to their review and grant us our desire loan amount of 510,000.00Usd. A word to everyone out there when it comes to Online Lenders contact only PROSPER LOAN FIRM via email: { prosperloanfirm@yahoo.com } or drop a message to them via text at +1(816) 366-8769 and consider all your financial problems tackled and solved.#SHARE, You can rescue someone from been victimized today, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd far rather be called the c-word than be labeled a grifter.

    The first is puerile and vulgar. The latter a serious denunciation of my character.

    I'm not defending Bee in the slightest, I'm just puzzled by the significance we attach to that vulgarity. Perhaps the extreme squemishness of the word is as indicative of misogyny (icky female anatomy) as flinging it.

    We certainly don't have the same spasms over male genital as epithet.

    Yeah, I get Somerby's point on the politics of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call Dr.Dave For Urgent Love Spell +55 (11) 97732-4658
    I'm Olivia Megan from United State,I'm happy that my husband is back into my life after 2 years of divorce, Dr.Davi brought my husband back today and i am so excited. I got Dr.Davi email online when a lady was testifying about the strong spell caster who restored her marriage then I said to myself since he helped her, he can also help me,so i emailed him and told him the pain that I was going through,and he told me what to do and i did it,Then he did an urgent Love spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came back home and with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me. Then from that day,our marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr.Davi. Our family is complete again. If you are going through Divorce/Broke-up since Dr.Davi helped me, he can also help you..email him at: Spelltemple@fastmail.com,Thank you Dr Davi for saving my broken Marriage and brought my husband back to me.
    Email him: Spelltemple@fastmail.com Call him now +55 (11) 97732-4658  

    ReplyDelete
  8. I AM FINALLY FREE FROM FINANCIAL BONDAGE THANKS TO MOORE LOAN COMPANY (mooreloancompany@yahoo.com).

    Good day everyone,I can’t hide this great testimony that took place in my life I will love everyone to know it and be a partaker of this, that is why I want to share it to the whole world by placing this advert on classifieds, I am Mrs Karen Brown by name, I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee United State, I want to thank ROBBINSON MOORE for his kindness upon my family life, I never knew that there is still a sincere and trustworthy lender like this on the internet and on earth. Just some days I was in search for a loan of $ 100,000.00, As I was running out of money for feeding, School fees, My business was really going out of capital and my rent. I was scammed about $15,000.00 dollars and I decided not to involve my self in such business again. But a Friend of mine introduced me to a loan firm due to my appearance and doings and also my complains to her. And I told her that I am not interested in any loan deal anymore but she told me that there is still a sincere lender who she will recommend me to, And she gave me the details of this man who is called MOORE ROBBINSON. And I really put a trial and I am most greatful and lucky today, I was given a loan amount of $95,000,00 Dollars by this great firm MOORE LOAN COMPANY. If you arew in need of a genuine, Sincere, durable and a truth worthy loan lender or financial assistance and also you know you can be reliable and trusted, capable of paying back at the due / duration time of the funds I will advice you to send your contact to them via email @[ mooreloancompany@yahoo.com] OR Text (414) 454-9493 . And you will be free from scams on the internet. Please I am begging everyone on earth to help me thank Mr ROBBINSON MOORE. And I ill always being sharing this great surprise and testimony that happened in my life everyday to all that need loans. Contact them now if you are in need of a loan: AS THEY ARE EFFICIENT,DYNAMIC AND RELAIBLE.....Again there contact email [mooreloancompany@yahoo.com OR Text (414) 454-9493.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AM FINALLY FREE FROM FINANCIAL BONDAGE THANKS TO MOORE LOAN COMPANY (mooreloancompany@yahoo.com).

    Good day everyone,I can’t hide this great testimony that took place in my life I will love everyone to know it and be a partaker of this, that is why I want to share it to the whole world by placing this advert on classifieds, I am Mrs Karen Brown by name, I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee United State, I want to thank ROBBINSON MOORE for his kindness upon my family life, I never knew that there is still a sincere and trustworthy lender like this on the internet and on earth. Just some days I was in search for a loan of $ 100,000.00, As I was running out of money for feeding, School fees, My business was really going out of capital and my rent. I was scammed about $15,000.00 dollars and I decided not to involve my self in such business again. But a Friend of mine introduced me to a loan firm due to my appearance and doings and also my complains to her. And I told her that I am not interested in any loan deal anymore but she told me that there is still a sincere lender who she will recommend me to, And she gave me the details of this man who is called MOORE ROBBINSON. And I really put a trial and I am most greatful and lucky today, I was given a loan amount of $95,000,00 Dollars by this great firm MOORE LOAN COMPANY. If you arew in need of a genuine, Sincere, durable and a truth worthy loan lender or financial assistance and also you know you can be reliable and trusted, capable of paying back at the due / duration time of the funds I will advice you to send your contact to them via email @[ mooreloancompany@yahoo.com] OR Text (414) 454-9493 . And you will be free from scams on the internet. Please I am begging everyone on earth to help me thank Mr ROBBINSON MOORE. And I ill always being sharing this great surprise and testimony that happened in my life everyday to all that need loans. Contact them now if you are in need of a loan: AS THEY ARE EFFICIENT,DYNAMIC AND RELAIBLE.....Again there contact email [mooreloancompany@yahoo.com OR Text (414) 454-9493.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It just occur to me that I have not done the right thing since when my husband came back to me, I am on this blog to give thanks to whom it deserve, Some couples of weeks ago my life was in a terrible shape because my husband left me and I never believe that I was going to get him back, But through the help of this powerful spell caster called Dr.Ekpen my life is now in a joyful mood, I must recommend the services of Dr.Ekpen to anyone out there that they should contact Dr.Ekpen through these details below: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) or whatsapp +2347050270218 because through Dr.Ekpen assistance my marriage was restored.

    ReplyDelete