Unfounded accusation gains purchase!

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2016

Thanks to the New York Times:
How do unfounded accusations gain purchase? Gain purchase, then start to worm their way into everyone's heads?

Consider a letter which was published in this morning's New York Times. The writer seems to be a Clinton supporter—but he's also a Trump enabler:
LETTER TO THE NEW YORK TIMES (10/11/16): Let’s assume that what has been charged by both candidates about how the other has treated women is true. That Donald Trump groped and forced himself on married women—because he could. That Hillary Clinton attacked the women her husband was involved with, to discredit them.

Mrs. Clinton acted (rightly or wrongly) out of loyalty,
to defend her husband, and to preserve their marriage and image. Mr. Trump acted for his own sexual gratification, despite his marriage, and to, in his mind, burnish his image. The difference should carry significant weight in that comparison. Motives matter.

P— K—
Charlestown, R.I.
The writer suggests we assume the truth of various accusations. As part of the deal, he suggests we assume that Hillary Clinton really did "attack the women her husband was involved with, to discredit them."

By his second paragraph, he has stopped assuming that this is true; by now, he's describing the motives which lay behind Clinton's actions, which he now seems to treat as a fact. He goes on to suggest that her behavior wouldn't be as bad as certain conduct with which Candidate Trump stands accused, partly because of things he himself has said. In the course of this rumination, he helps advance an ugly claim about Candidate Clinton—a claim for which there is very little evidence.

The New York Times is very dumb to publish a letter like this. But then, this is the New York Times, so what else is new?

Did Candidate Clinton really "attack the women her husband was involved with?" Last Monday, the Times gave legs to this extremely murky claim with a 2900-word "news report" which picked and chose among some very old facts with remarkable skill. One week later, the paper publishes a letter which encourages readers to assume that the claim is true.

The news report was horrible work. The publication of the letter shows horrible journalistic judgment.

But then, this is the New York Times. Readers, what else is new?

3 comments:

  1. !!! How (Dr.Goodluck) Help Me Save My Marriage & Avoid Divorce !!!

    What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life i was devastated when my husband left me for someone else i was hurting REAL bad and i needing him back coz he was my joy 2years later when going trough the internet i saw a post on how he helped a lady called Mandy Divanna from UK restore her relationship, i decided to contact him for help when i told this God sent man Dr. Goodluck on how my lover left me for 2 years without calling nor texting me,When i shared this my sad experience with Dr Goodluck he said everything would be okay within 17hours i was like am i sure what this man is saying is real,So i decided to give a try and what even surprised me the most at first i was also thinking he was a scam i taught he was like other spell caster who come online to add pain to peoples pain not knowing there feelings but to make money,But this great man Dr Goodluck is never like that his own is for good and make people to be happy with the one they love,Am just so happy,Even before the 17hours i just got a call from a man who has left me for 2years saying he his sorry and that he wants me back to his life i was so happy,He invited me for a dinner which i meant him there and we bought talked and he said he wants to prove that he would never leave me for any other lady he engaged me and also make me had access to all his account am so happy all thanks goes to this great man Dr Goodluck a man who has brought back joy to my life,Please friends that needs help i would advice that Dr Goodluck is the right man and not those fake ones who are online to make money and not to help here is Dr Goodluck private mail goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com you can also whatapp him or call with his mobile +2349059610309 or also his website. http://goodluck05spellcaster.yolasite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband said he stop loving me in January. He loves me but not in love with me. In February I knew he was going to visit his sister and mother. When. He returned from his visit he was acting strange. Like distance. Five days later he asked for a beak from each other. I was surprised but it wasn’t him talking. I had a feeling something was up. April 7 he returned home so we can talk on why this separation. He said met someone and had an affair. I’m trying to figure how when we are together like most of the time. He hasn’t seen her since he told me. Apparently she’s married too in a verbal situation. I been trying to save my marriage. This past Wednesday 4/23 was our wedding anniversary. Today 4/25 he sends me this text after I asked him a financial questions. He replies and asking for a divorce by testing me. He is a cowatd.
    I text him why and upset and angry. He said I love you and care about you but I am not in love with you.

    I send him this text I’m fine. I love you, you know where I stand and what I’m willing to do. So I’m honoring your need for time to make a finally decision. I hope in the near future we can talk about this in person. When your ready.
    He . replies
    OK. Thank you. And I’m sorry.

    I adore and love him. The kicker he abandoned our marriage by moving to LA that’s terrible. I been crying almost daily. Not sure what do anymore. ..so i carried and search online one day, if i can save my marriage with my husband and so luckily i come across some wonderful post of Dr happy on how he help people to fix up their broken Marriage,relationship and get ex lover back. so i contacted and give him a try, with-in 48hours of his promise, my husband call to apology and come back to me and the family. all thanks to Dr happy he was like a father to me when i loose trust on my husband plz if you need help, you can reach him via email happylovespell2@gmail.com or add him up on Whats-pp +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our simple life, love plays a very specific role.Now you are able to make your love life healthy and it has no space for any type trouble. These all are possible with the help of AGBAZARA TEMPLE OF SOLUTION. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back withing 48hours who left me for another woman. you can also contact him on ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662 and be happy forever like am now with his experience.

    from USA.

    ReplyDelete