We agree with Charlie Pierce about Hanks!

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2016

We see him and raise him one:
At least in principle, we tend to agree with Charlie Pierce about Tom Hanks.

Hanks recently gave a heartwarming speech about how there's nothing to look at here. "We are going to be all right," Hanks said. "America has been in worse places than we are at right now."

Pierce suggested that, while Hanks will be fine, many others may not be OK in the wake of last Tuesday's election. He was suggesting that Hanks' reassurances may have come from inside a wealthy man's uber-bubble.

At least in principle, we saw where Pierce was coming from. We'd had a similar reaction to Rachel Maddow the previous night.

More and more, Maddow strikes us as a narcissist built in the image of Trump. On the same night Hanks was giving his speech, she was exhorting us proles to snap out of the funk we'd been in since Trump's election.

She began her show with one of her worthless monologues, this time concerning the super-sexy way Chris Christie prosecuted Ivanka Trump's grimy father-in-law earlier in the "two thousandsies."

(She used that fun term the next night. Rachel is very unusual. It's one of the basic ways she sells us the car.)

Back to Maddow on Tuesday night. The first of her two "very sordid stories" involved multiple references to a "hunky secret Israeli boyfriend." This led to a second "very sordid story" in which a "zillionaire real estate mogul" made illegal campaign contributions to New Jersey governor Jim McGreevey.

Our story picks up there. Go ahead! Immerse yourselves in the sordidness of it all!
MADDOW (11/15/16): Ultimately, after the governor resigned the following year, the rich donor guy who got arrested a week before the governor's resignation, the rich donor guy was ultimately convicted of illegal campaign donations and tax evasion and witness tampering, and most of the story of that trial was about this very sordid story, this real estate mogul having this huge real estate empire, but he got into a feud with the rest of his family about the disposition of the family company.

His brother-in-law—his sister's husband—apparently turned the state's evidence and was cooperating with law enforcement against him. And the real estate mogul apparently retaliated against his brother-in-law by hiring a hooker to seduce the brother-in-law.

The real estate mogul then secretly taped what his sister's husband did with the hooker and then he mailed the tape to his own sister. Gah! Nice, right?

See, it's always worth it to pay close attention to New Jersey politics. Always, no matter where you live.
New Jersey is always worth it! No matter where you live!

Our collection of very sordid stories continues from there:
MADDOW (continuing directly): In the end, this real estate mogul, this mega-zillionaire, this major donor and boyfriend-hirer to the governor of New Jersey, he did get convicted in federal court. And they didn't let him do some white collar excuse for hard time.

Prosecutors pretty much threw the book at him. And for good measure, they made sure to publicly air all of the super-humiliating stuff about the sister and his sister's husband and sending the hooker to seduce the sister's husband and then sending the tape of them doing it to the sister—they made sure that was all public about it. Then the guy went away to actual prison.

And then the imprisoned real estate mogul's son married Donald Trump's daughter and, as Donald Trump's son-in-law, he became one of Donald Trump's closest advisers in his presidential campaign. And now in the Trump transition into the White House.
As we've often noted, it's always a good day on Maddow's show when someone is doing hard time in an actual prison. That's especially true when super-humiliating stuff about hookers is involved.

Also, when someone sends "the tape of them doing it" to the sister! New Jersey is always worth it, you guys!

In the end, Maddow's very sordid stories come to involve Christie and Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law. Needless to say, Maddow was in seventh heaven. She also was dispensing advice:
MADDOW: Chris Christie was put in charge of the Trump transition effort, put in charge of staffing up the Trump administration way back in May when, honestly, I think nobody thought there would be a Trump administration. So, working on a totally hypothetical Trump presidential transition was kind of a hilarious backwater busy-work job for something that would never come to fruition.

Once Donald Trump actually freaking won the election, did you notice how fast Chris Christie got demoted from what turns out was now actually a very important job? And now, one of the more lurid aspects of the rollicking reality show that is the Trump campaign trying to become the President Donald Trump administration, one of the astonishingly low-rent plot points in that story is basically seeing Chris Christie get his in a bad way. As the son of the man who he jailed and humiliated all those years ago, as that man's son steps up and relieves Governor Christie of his lunch money.

By Thursday, Jared Kushner gets brought to the White House. He's seen touring the grounds of the White House staff.

By Friday, Chris Christie was out as transition chief. By this morning, Chris Christie's handpicked guy to run the transition at the Department of Justice, he was out, too...The former Republican congressman who Chris Christie tapped to head up national security planning for the transition, as of the today, he's out too.

And a source close to him told NBC News today that his ouster should be seen as a part of a, quote, "Stalinesque purge of people close to Chris Christie."

Stalinesque already, Week One! You guys, pay attention! Snap out of your funk! This is getting really, really fascinating really fast.
You guys out there, snap out of it! Why should anyone be in a funk when so many fascinating, super-humiliating stories are flying around?

This shit is lurid, hilarious, rollicking. Why are you moping around?

Maddow continued with more humiliating stuff. As she finished her endless opening segment, she played the Hanks card again:
MADDOW: Like I said, my friends, no time to dissolve into a funk. This is already the most cockamamie thing any of us have ever seen in federal politics. There's no way any of this stuff can stand. The presidency cannot bear it. It just can't.

Stay with us.
We should all snap out of our funks! This is so entertaining! And yes, we think that was the gist of Maddow's manic performance. This was about all the fascinating fun we could have with all this sordid stuff.

As we watched this garbage unfold, we were struck by how much fun a disaster can be if you're being corporately paid however many millions of dollars per year. One day later, we saw Pierce make a related point about that reassuring speech by Hanks.

Our national systems are melting down. In many cases, they melted down long ago. On Tuesday night, a certain corporate multimillionaire seemed to be richly entertained by the hilarious backwash of the process. She seemed to think we should be entertained too! People, snap out of your funk!

Vast wealth and fame can be very destructive. More and more, Maddow strikes us as a "low-rent" version of our own Donald Trump.

She seems to be deeply narcissistic. You guys, New Jersey is always worth it! People, snap out of your funk!

15 comments:

  1. RM is worthless; that's why she makes millions.

    On the bright side, being from NJ, I hope Christie gets nothing but jail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of those people who said, “I’ll never call a psychic or a magician or whatever” to help me with my problems – least of all my love problems, but I reached the point where I knew I needed some guidance, and I’m so glad I found this man called dr.ajeghe. When I nearly lost David in one of our stupid,fights (he broke up with me), I thought I had lost everything.i cry all day and think that he will never come back to me again.i read so many testimony about Dr. ajeghe love spell,how he help to bring back ex lover back.I quickly email him.and also get back my husband with his love spell. And when I was at my most desperate,he didn’t take advantage of me. You performed a very good service for a person in true need. I don’t know how you did it, or how this magic works, but all I know is, IT WORKS!! David my husband and I are happily back together, and I’ll always be grateful to dr.ajeghe email him for any kinds of help is very capable and reliable for help ajeghespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349069171173

      Delete
  2. There is no evidence Christie committed any crime, which you would know if you read this blog instead of consuming the mainstream media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Spell Caster Reviwes to help you get your Ex back and stop Divorce
    Get Your Ex Back After Divorce or breakup right now no matter how hopeless your situation seems!! my husband is back today and i am so excited sharing my testimony with everyone here. I am Mandy Divanna by name and i reside here in UK. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband ,with 3kids. A very big problem occurred in my family few months ago, between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pains. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back in 17 hours once he cast the spell.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. few hours later, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past{5}months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our marriage was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster Dr GOODLUCK. So, i will advice you out there, if you have any problem contact Dr GOODLUCK and i guarantee you that he will help you and you will be the next to share your testimony to every one in the world!!. Email him at: goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com and you can also Whatsapp him or call with his mobile +2349059610309

    ReplyDelete

  4. We were very happy till August 2015. He came to Houston for a business trip in September . After coming here he has fallen in relationship with a girl ( Jessica ) . He has lied to the girl about me . Now he wants to break the relationship with me.I have never seen him behave this rudely in the last 15 years .we are married for 7.5 yrs now. He says me, I have had enough in the marriage life .I cannot be in a family life after this. He says he doesn't love me anymore . He has place only for the new girl and he was asking me to return to India. and i was diver stated, carrying every minute of my life and one evening as i was browsing the internet for a help to get my husband back with my phone, i saw serial testimonies of different people of how Great Priest Egwonga has helped to rescue their relationships and marriages back, so i decided to contact the Great Priest for help also via the email; solutiontemple2@gmail.com i saw on the testimonies and i said Please help me to get my husband back. I feel he is under some kind of tension . I have never seen him behave like this before. and i explain my situation to him and he assured me that my husband will come back to his senses within 48 hours interception and i believed him and i did exactly what he asked me to and in less then 48 hours my husband came back to the house and apologize to the kids and i and we make up and today i'm a living testimony as well and for his urgent response to your problem call his personal number or whatsapp him on +2347037477662 he is truly a man sent by God to bring happiness and joy to his people

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Hanks was just overheard reading a Kathleen Parker column out loud, perhaps in astonishment: "If Trump Wins, It'll be O.K.," "Is Steve Bannon Really Really That Bad?" "Everybody Calm Down!" So goes Kathleen's familiar pattern of patter.

    On a recent SNL stint, Hanks poked fun at the very idea of his being "America's Dad." Four years ago he questioned his own presumption as as just another liberal movie star endorsing Obama. Does Anyone Seriously Think Our Beloved Tom Not Being Ironic Now? Is Tom Hanks Really Such a Self-Regarding Ass as to Assume America at Large Listens to Him as if He Were Atticus Finch? Calm Down, Everybody! Calm Down!

    There, I just earned a Pulitzer for Commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IMO Rachel Maddow was like this even before she became a corporate multimillionaire. I stopped listening to her show on Air America (radio) because every time I tuned in she was doing some off topic (imo boring) celebrity story.
    *FT

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ 12:57 PM - absolutely correct.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms not untill when i payed a visit to the hospital for a proper checkup.I have had it for 6months now,and it so much affected my life.I have told my husband who I trusted about it and my life has never been the same,it really affected my new relationships with my husband.And more often People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one way or the another. I would like to advise people on how i got rid of my herpes.i was reading a comment on the internet,and i saw a testimony posted by a woman from island that she got rid of her herpes with the help of great Dr christopherhobbs. so i was so happy when i saw that post,that his herbal medication is free.i quickly collect the herbal doctor email and i email him within 5hours he respond to my email.And then i explain things to him he told me not to worry that every thing will be fine which i never belived it would come to pass.He only request for little money that he will use to buy the items for the preparation of the herbal medicine, of which i sent to him because i was eager to get cured,after some days he told me that the herbal medicine is ready for me,that i should send him my address that he want to sent it to me DHL courier service and Within few days that was how i got the herbal medication.and i use it as i was told to. After 2 weeks and few days i found out that my herpes was no more.Then i had to introduce him to other set of people suffering from the same deadly disease and they also testified. Am a living witness today am so greatful for the good works he has been doing. so you can reach him through this email:drchristopherhobbs569@gmail.or call +2349053289227 hurry now to get your cure am a living testimony today.

    sarah gregory

    ReplyDelete

  9. Love Spell To Get Him Or Her Back Call +55 (11) 97732-4658

    My name is Brenda from United State. My husband left me a month ago and he was leaving with another woman who is 7 years older than him,i feel like my life is completely over. I read over the internet how a spell caster have help several people to get there love back. I have been depress for the past one month and what i need is to get him back and live with him happily. So i decided to give it a try and i contacted the spell caster called Dr. Davi and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell which i use to get my husband back and now my life is complete and both of us are very happy with the relationship. I am truly grateful to this man,his contact him now if you need urgent help on your broken relationship or marriage. Thank you very much and i am extremely grateful. There is know evil attach to his spell. It will only make your relationship very stronger and make your relationship stable and balance. Contact him now....

    Email Spelltemple@fastmail.com

    Call him: +55 (11) 97732-4658

    Via website for more details of him: http://spelltemple.website2.me/testimonials

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAN'T BE LESS HAPPY BECAUSE MY HUSBAND IS BACK, I have been in great bondage for about 7 years suffering in the hands of a cheating husband. We were living happily until he meant his old time girl friend and he started dating her again outside our marriage and before i knew it he stopped caring for his own family, to the extent that he was planning to marry her and divorce me. I cried and reported him to his family members but he never listened to anyone and to cut the story short, i came in search for a real spell caster who could destroy their relationship and make him come back to me and our 2 kids again; on my search i saw people sharing testimony on how their marriage was restored by Dr Isikolo and i pick his email and told him the problem that i was going through, and he agreed to help me and told me never to worry. After he had finished casting the spell, on the second day, they both had a quarrel and he beat up his girlfriend and he came back home begging me to forgive him that his eyes are clear now that he will never do any thing that will hurt his family again and promise to be a caring father and never to cheat on me again. I am so happy that i did not lose him to the girl and all appreciation goes to Dr. Isikolo for his great work. You are a Great spell caster and to you all that are faced with this or similar problem to this, please contact him now on isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com. call or Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was hurt and heart broken when my husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr.Oku, She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 28 hours my husband will come back to me, In no less than 28hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child(Michelle) if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email; okutemple@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2347053113465 and tell him I referred you to him

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was hurt and heart broken when my husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr.Oku, She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 28 hours my husband will come back to me, In no less than 28hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child(Michelle) if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email; okutemple@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2347053113465 and tell him I referred you to him

    ReplyDelete
  13. After being in relationship with him for seven years,he broke up with me, I am Vivian Anderson I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster Dr Isikolo that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the Dr Isikolo and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days my ex will come back begging. I thanked him in earnest hoping he will come back to me because I miss him so much. To my very suprise on the 3rd day he came back begging and asking me to accept him back and he will never leave me again. All this would never had been possible but for Dr Isikolo. I will always and forever recommend you to the world Dr Isikolo This is his contact below: isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com. call or Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

    ReplyDelete