BREAKING: Pepperidge Farm, and Maddow, no longer remember!

THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2018

That no-knock Manafort raid:
Remember how great it was?

Remember the no-knock raid on Manafort's home—the one at 3 in the morning? Remember the way they picked the lock in the dead of the night because Manafort couldn't be trusted?

Remember the way that no-knock raid showed how much trouble Manafort was in? Remember the way the no-knock raid thrilled us to the core?

You can stop remembering now! On Tuesday night, Rachel Maddow provided the rare public service. She reported that the widespread report about that no-knock, predawn raid was bogus right from the start.

We don't know why Maddow reported this, but, by God, she did! She started by naming everyone else in the world who misstated the facts, starting with tape of Stephen Colbert. But eventually, she even briefly acknowledged the fact that she had misstated this too!

How does Maddow know that this treasured report was wrong? She quoted material from Mueller's team, from a court filing on Monday night. Throwing in irre;levancies designef to make us admire her, she said the court filing said this:
"The warrant application had not sought permission to enter without knocking. In issuing the warrant, the magistrate judge authorized them to execute the warrant any day through August 8th, 2017, and to conduct the search in the daytime from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The government complied fully with those date and time conditions and Manafort does not contend otherwise."
To watch Maddow's whole segment, click here.

That statement by the Mueller team would seem to imply that the source of the original bogus reports had perhaps been the Manafort team. It does leave open the possibility that the agents knocked on Manafort's door at 6 AM right on the nose.

At any rate, according to Maddow, that's what Mueller has now officially said. There was no no-knock warrant or raid, and there was no predawn incursion.

Presumably, this may even mean that Manafort's wife wasn't "pulled out of bed naked," as we saw Victoria Toensing allege on C-Span this past weekend. It seems that this was wrong too.

Inevitably, we decided to go back to see what Maddow said in real time, last August 9. Inevitably, we found that she quoted several (mistaken) reports, then embellished what those reports had said, making things even more thrilling:
MADDOW (8/9/17): Thanks to the Washington Post today, reporting by Carol Leonnig, Tom Hamburger and Rosalind Helderman, we now know that, for some reason, after midnight on the night of the 25th [of July], the morning of the 26th, so the night after he testified to the Intelligence Committee and the morning before he was initially scheduled to talk to the Judiciary Committee, for some reason, in the predawn hours, the federal prosecutors and grand juries that have brought this thing this far decided they would go another step and start doing this in a different way.

When the FBI raided Paul Manafort's house in Virginia in the wee hours of July 26th, ABC reports tonight he was awoken by a group of armed FBI agents knocking on his bedroom door. When those armed agents raided his house, they weren't just working off the word of a federal prosecutor, and a grand jury, who can act on their own steam, who have been powering this investigation, and everything we have learned about it up until this point for months.

[...]

As far as I understand it, Justice Department guidelines require agents to pursue evidence by the least obtrusive means possible. Sending armed agents to his bedroom door in the middle of the night is not the least obtrusive means possible. Do they have to explain why they did it this way? What is all the urgency about?

Do we ever get to see the search warrant or affidavit that spelled out the alleged crimes here and the evidence they were looking for? Did the timing of this raid have anything to do with the fact that Paul Manafort, less than 24 hours earlier, had done an interview with the Senate Intelligence Committee? If so, what's the connection between those two things? Would the FBI have known the content of what Manafort said to the Intelligence Committee that morning, if that is what sparked the raid?

Also, because I'm nosy, how did Paul Manafort's house get raided at 3 in the morning and none of his neighbors leaked a word of it for two whole weeks? I mean, it`s not the most important part of this, but it puts a whole new spin on "neighborhood watch," right? Neighborhood, oh my god, watch, Paul Manafort, don't tell anyone.
Where had the errors come from? The errors had come from here:

The Washington Post had reported that it was a "predawn" raid. It appears now that this was inaccurate.

ABC News had reported that the agents conducting the raid had knocked on Manafort's bedroom door. (David Muir: "Before the sun came up, a dozen armed FBI agents were knocking at Paul Manafort's bedroom door, waking up Trump's former campaign chairman with a warrant to search his Virginia home, all without warning.") We now seem to know that this was inaccurate too.

Maddow repeated what the Post and ABC had said, then added the part about the raid being staged at 3 on the morning. She repeated this embellishment a bit later that night, while she was congratulating Leonnig, her Pulitzer prize-winning guest, for a report which was inaccurate, or at least so it now seems.

(We can also answer Maddow's semi-conspiratorial question. Why didn't Manafort's neighbors report the fact that "Manafort's house got raided at 3 in the morning?" Presumably, no one "leaked" word of the 3 AM raid because no such raid had occurred.)

Credit where due—Maddow reported the new information. She did throw everyone else under the bus before fleetingly acknowledging that she belonged there too. But she did report the new information, and she didn't stage one of her dog-and-pony shows involving the DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, the cynical, deceptive gong show which served her so long and so well.

She didn't revive that abandoned old con. She simply named everyone else who got it wrong, then said that she did too.

Now for a possible lesson:

Night after night, Maddow ostentatiously throws her prepared program away in response to "breaking news." Quite often, she hasn't had time to confirm the breaking news, whatever it is, or perhaps to assess it. But the breaking news is exciting, so she repeats it too.

Other mistakes have been made this way, by Maddow and by others. That no-knock, 3 AM, predawn raid is apparently one more example.

Meanwhile, as far as we know, only Toensing has "broken the news" that Manafort's wife prefers to sleep in the raw. Under current arrangements, explosive bombshells may come from various quarters.

In fairness, the story was very exciting that night, and excitement's what cable is for.

24 comments:

  1. 1. Possibly they woke Manafort up at 6 am. Most people are still sleeping then.

    2. 6 am on the East coast is 3 am on the West coast, which may have caused the confusion.

    3. News stories do sometimes sacrifice accuracy for speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The supernatural Spell Caster

      The International powerful Spell caster on lotto winning,

      With Great ISE Spiritual Spell Power, You are going to Win and become Richer, Wealthy and power.

      1) Promotion at working place
      2 )Earn a good money or win a Lottery.
      3) Achieve success in business.
      4) spiritual problems.
      5) win court case/ All Case engages.
      6) Look for your life partner.
      7) Get a well paid job.
      8) Gain control over your marriage/Marriage Sustainability
      9) Spell to stop a divorce/ protect marital Status
      10) receive favor and gain attraction from people.
      11) Get back lost money and power
      (12) heal you of all diseases. both curable and incurable like HIV/AIDS, cancer,many more, but few to mentions

      Contact Ise Spiritual Spell Caster on Lotto Winning @ ISESPIRITUALSPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM.

      I'm a living Testimony, prize winner of 2.000.000,00 € .

      My Name is
      Alison Cornford-Matheson. Dr. Ise Has make me proud and a Great Spell Caster , Spiritualism ,and Herbalist, Greatest of all kind

      Win your Lotto today or cast your spiritual spell;

      1.Lotto winning Spell Caster

      2.Money Spell Caster.

      3.Love and ex-Spell caster

      4. Healing Spell / Cure

      And so many more , but few to mention, using Ise Spell caster @ ISESPIRITUALSPELLTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM

      Delete
    2. After 14 years in marriage with my hubby with 3 kids, my husband started going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet James Hydrick, who helped people with the relationship and marriage problems by the powers of his love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a spell and within 48hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with ladies and he's with me for good and for real. Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problems today and be happy:divine.spells@yahoo.com
      and also on whatsapp:{+19194087025}

      Delete
    3. Good day everybody, I’m Flora Today has being the most happiest day of my life after 6 months of sadness and sorrow without being with the one i love. I tried all my possible best to make sure i make my husband happy but it never seems to work out well, it was like I’m doing everything in vain but all thanks to James Hydrick for coming to change all my worries and sadness to Joy. i knew this great man when i read some wonderful reviews about him on how he has helped a lots of people on their relationship problems, i was reading a magazine which then i saw great testimonies on how he has helped some women to reunite their homes and husbands. so, i decided not to waste time and i contacted him via: his email and he told me not to worry that he assures me that within 48 hours everything would be sorted out, i believed James Hydrick so much because i believe he can’t fail me and i sent him all my details. Truly James Hydrick never failed me, my husband who left me for good 6 months came back to me apologizing and asking for forgiveness. since then, My husband and i have been living happily, James Hydrick reunited us together with his love spells. Thank you so much James Hydrick for your powerful spells. expressions are not sufficient to say thank you. here is his email address divine.spells@yahoo.com just in-case you have any below problems and i believe he will surely solve yours just the way he solved mine.

      (1) If you want your ex back.
      (2) you need a divorce in your relationship.
      (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
      (4) You want women & men to run after you.
      (5) If you want a child.
      (6) You want to be rich.
      (7) You want your husband or wife to be yours forever.
      (8) If you need financial stance.
      (9) If you are barren and want to have a child.

      Delete
    4. hello everyone out there. i had problem with my ex boy friend some months ago. And he was cheating on me which hurt me so badly,and he was also avoiding me,He no longer picks my calls.I was totally confused,divastated and also exasperated because i don't know what to do.There was a day i was browsing through the internet i came in contact with this spell caster who has helped alot people in their relationship.So i contacted him and explain everything to him.And he told me to do some things,I did it correctly just the way her instructed me to.To cut it short.My ex boy friend gave me a call two days later and said to me that we should have a date,i agreed.On the date,He was begging me to have him back and i agreed we are now together as one again,and he also engaged me and we will be getting married soon. all my thanks to {James Hydrick} the great spell who helped me. meet him via his email:[divine.spells@yahoo.com] whatsapp only:+19194087025

      Delete
  2. "Now for a possible lesson"

    The 'lesson' is trivial: they lie. If you absolutely must read/watch them, the only value you can possibly derive from it is in analyzing why they would want to bullshit you this particular way at this particular time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, storytelling par exellence. And innuendo as a sprinkle! No wonder she gets paid the big bucks. Bob’s penultimate paragraph got a chuckle out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Referring to this from Maddow, in case it wasn’t clear:

      “Did the timing of this raid have anything to do with the fact that Paul Manafort, less than 24 hours earlier, had done an interview with the Senate Intelligence Committee? If so, what's the connection between those two things?”

      Delete
  4. Maddow is truly a gem. There’s no one in news who comes close. She’s an unusual journalist with prodigious gifts of narrative and steady assurance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's truly despicable. Reporting what others said, and then correcting the record when she learns the truth. Sheesh.

      Personally, I prefer Judge Jeanine when I want a taste of the truth.

      Delete
    2. Maddow is a good story teller. In fact, she’s mesmerizing. And in this news environment, story telling is very important.

      Delete
  5. I think what we see here is that MSNBC’s coverage of Trump, if occasionally cheesy, has been correct down the line. Stormy’s lawyer is moving that fat slob towards the ropes. And it must drive Bob crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like the vagueness of the official statement, "The government complied fully with those date and time conditions and Manafort does not contend otherwise." It would have been easy to say, "The government fully complied, because the raid took place at 11:27 AM" or whenever.

    Because the Prosecutor was intentionally vague, I tend to believe that the raid probably did take place close to 6:00 in the morning. I tend to believe that nobody responded to the knocking, because they were asleep at that hour, so the Prosecutor probably did break in. In short, this could have been effectively equivalent to a no-knock raid, and intentionally so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave the Guitar PlayerApril 27, 2018 at 1:18 PM

      Why is any of this embellishment necessary? Why not just state, "The FBI executed a warrant today", especially if that's all your really know. The only reason to include more is if you wish to put your thumb on the scale and make someone look more sympathetic or someone look more evil in the eyes of your readers. Bad journalism. Full stop.

      Delete
  7. I shy away from news reports unless they are bombshells that cause my jaw to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Every One Out Here.

    I'm from USA Dallas. Am writing this great article to appreciate the good work of Dr IyaryI. I have been married for 2 years with pain and agony because my husband left me for another lady. I was reviewing some post on the internet on how i could get back my husband then, i saw a post by Kim Carberry from Canada. who testified of Dr IyaryI the almighty spiritual caster. I contacted Kim Carberry to confirm about Dr IyaryI and she guaranteed me and gave me the courage to contact Dr IyaryI for help. So, i contacted him and he assured me that my days of sorrows are over that i will get back my husband within 24 hours. I did all what he told me and am very happy today that my husband is back to me and we are now living happily like never before and i can boldly and proudly testify to the world that Dr IyaryI is a good and remarkable helper that specializes on different kind of spells. If you need his help, then contact him on E-mail: (driayaryi2012@hotmail.com) And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr IyaryI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Powerful Love Spell Caster-Get Your Ex Wife/Husband Back Fast Now By Dr.Happy..My name is John Cooney from NJ Usa, I want to quickly tell the world that there is a real on line spell caster that is powerful and genuine, His name is Dr happy he helped me recently to reunite my relationship with my wife who left me, When i contacted Dr happy he cast an urgent love spell for me, and my wife who said she doesn't have anything to do with me again called me and started begging me to come back. she is back now with so much love and care. today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the powers to restore broken marriage/relationship back. because i am now happy with my wife. to anyone who is reading this article and needs any help, Dr happy can also offer any type of help like, Curing of all types of Diseases, Court Cases, Pregnancy Spell, urgent love spell,Spiritual protection and lot's more. You can contact him Via his email happylovespell2@gmail.com also His blogs site... https://happylovespell2.blogspot.com.ng/ for more info, whatsapp/call...+2348133873774
    Visit his Web site...http://happylovespel.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Effective spell to bring your ex back with Dr Winner powerful love spell.....

    I can't really believe that i am with my Ex-Husband after when he broke up with me with 4 kids i thank Dr WINNER for helping me getting my man back. My happiness turn to bitterness,my joy turn to sorrow,my love turn to hate when my husband broke up with me. I was so unthinkable and i could not concentrate any more, i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him broke up with me so that he can be able to get marry to the other lady and this lady i think cast a spell on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for me,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to get back my man until i went to Westmoreland to see a friend and who was having the same problem with me but she later got her husband back and i asked her how she was able to get her back and she told me that there was a powerful spell caster name Dr Winner that he help with love spell in getting back lost lovers back and i decided to contact him. He told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and i was garantee that i will see result after 48hours, and he told me that my husband was going to call me by 9pm in my time and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much Oh My God i was so happy, and today i am happily with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one good family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr Winner. He is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that good spell casters still exist and is Dr. Winner. if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or you have your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore contact the powerful spell caster Dr Winner and he will answer you, i am a living testimony and i will continue to testify of his goodness in my family,he turn my family to paradise and today we are all happy together Dr Winner i say thank sir,for you guenie help. Email him now:
    Winnersspellcast@gmail.com or contact him on his website: https://winnersspellcast.blogspot.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  11. I NEED MY EX BACK DESPERATELY EMAIL DR. TRUST THROUGH HIS WEBSITE FOR URGENT AND FAST HELP: http://utimatespellcast.blogspot.com.ng/

    HI AM Sharon Poore Sidwell!! from Australia. with this great tears of joy and happiness in my heart today I want to give an unlimited thanks to this man Called Dr. Trust. I am happy today because my husband is now back with full of love, My husband left me for another woman,just because we had a little misunderstanding. he left me and promise he will never come back to me again. i cry all day looking for a genuine spell caster to help me bring him back. Then i saw a testimony share on the internet by miss Karen. i email him and tell him my problems with my ex husband, and he promise to bring him back home within 2 days. indeed he is wonderful he help me to get my husband back within 2days which he promise and my husband return to me and promise to love me forever and beg me for the pain he caused me. I will forever be grateful to you Dr Trust and i will not stop to publish your name on the internet for people to see how truthful you are. And I want to say to everyone on this site that I will always remain thankful to this man Dr. Trust for all he has done for me,My husband is back with love,caring,truthful and he promise to love me forever.I have made a promise that every body I know will never have a relationship problem, via email (Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com call him +2348156885231)

    ReplyDelete


  12. Sir I am the happpiest woman today in this whole wide world. Dr. joy you really did it..Yes.. Its a miracle and everlasting pleasure and cheerfulness for me and my family today..Thank you Sir for your precious help. You are a genuine spell caster and you will never be forgotten for making me a fulfilled woman once again.. You are my hero.. The kids are overjoyed to have their father come back home for good.contact him if you need urgent help in your relationship.via joylovespell@gmail.com or joylovespell@gmail.com.you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348100452479.

    ReplyDelete


  13. Sir I am the happpiest woman today in this whole wide world. Dr. joy you really did it..Yes.. Its a miracle and everlasting pleasure and cheerfulness for me and my family today..Thank you Sir for your precious help. You are a genuine spell caster and you will never be forgotten for making me a fulfilled woman once again.. You are my hero.. The kids are overjoyed to have their father come back home for good.contact him if you need urgent help in your relationship.via joylovespell@gmail.com or joylovespell@gmail.com.you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348100452479.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,

    I'm Dr Ogudugu, a real and genuine spell caster/Spiritual healer with years of experience in spell casting and an expert in all spells, i specialize exclusively in LOVE SPELL/GET REUNITE WITH EX LOVER, MONEY SPELL, POWERFUL MAGIC RING, ANY COURT CASES, FRUIT OF THE WOMB, HIV CURE, CURE FOR CANCER, HERPES, DIABETE, HERPERTITIS B, PARKINSON’S HERBAL CURE, BECOMING A MERMAID, BECOMING A VAMPIRE, SAVE CHILD BIRTH. They are all %100 Guaranteed QUICK Results, it most work. If you have any problem and you need a real and genuine spell caster to solve your problems, contact me now through my personal Email Address with problem case...Note-you can also Text/Call on WhatsApp.

    Contact me -
    Email: greatogudugu@gmail.com
    WhatsApp No: +27663492930

    ReplyDelete
  15. DR AKHERE gives you 100% guaranteed results for all kind of spells till date. I solve lot of cases with the power of my gods. All problems solve by power of DR AKHERE. I need your faith & trust. every thing will work out for your good. remember my spell cast have no side effect and you don't need to do any blood sacrifice before you can get what you need.
    CONTACT: DRAKHERE66@gmail.com call or whatsapp +2348129175848 you are welcome

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please read and also contact DR JOHN SOCO if you need a powerful love spell to fix your broken relationship. my name is Melvin Martins. I got a divorce from my Wife when I was Nine months with my second child. And all these whiles, I have been trying all different means to get she back, I also tried some different spell casters here in my country, but none of them could bring Michelle back to me. It was only DR JOHN SOCO who guaranteed me an urgent 48 hours spell casting, and he assure me that my Wife will be with me again. I am writing to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you for keeping your promises, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring She back home. I was thrilled to know that you are specialized in reuniting Lovers. Thank you Sir, for helping me through the worst times of my life. My Wife is back and promise never to leave me again. If you doubt his ability, trust me. You should take a chance. If you are their right now and you need a powerful and urgent love spell to bring back your ex kindly contact DR JOHN SOCO right now he is the only answer to restore your broken relationship or marriage. His email: Drjohnsoco@gmail.com or his WhatsApp: +1 706 871 4571

    ReplyDelete