Campaign watch: Clinton said to show brazen disregard!

TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2016

Chozick does it again:
As she proves again and again, the New York Times' Amy Chozick is an amazingly bad reporter.

Consider the campaign report which appears at the top of today's front page. In the hard-copy Times, it appeared under triple headlines.

The headlines paired Candidate Clinton with Candidate Trump. 2 FRONT-RUNNERS FIND THEIR WORDS CAN BE WEAPONS, the top headline declared.

Here's the way Chozick began her 1300-word report:
CHOZICK (3/15/16): The vulnerabilities of the leading presidential candidates were laid bare on Monday as rivals sought to portray Hillary Clinton as being at odds with the white working class and Donald J. Trump as a misogynist who did not deserve the support of women in the five states that vote on Tuesday.

The chorus of anyone-but-Trump from Republicans reached a roar as voters prepared to go to the polls in Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina and Florida. Our Principles PAC, a group created to try to stop Mr. Trump’s bid, released a scathing one-minute ad that shows women repeating some of his descriptions of women, including “bimbo,” “dog” and “fat pig.”

“This is how Donald Trump talks about our mothers, our sisters, our daughters,” they say.

Mrs. Clinton, who has struggled to connect to white working-class voters in the pivotal Midwestern states, faced intense criticism over comments she made in Columbus, Ohio, on Sunday. “We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business,” she said, in explaining her plan to create clean energy jobs.

America Rising, an anti-Clinton “super PAC,” said the comment showed a “brazen disregard for the men and women who help power America.” A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton said the comments, which she made while discussing her plan to bring jobs back to coal country, were misconstrued.
That is terrible reporting. It's also the only part of the 1300-word report where Chozick discusses the candidates' words being used as weapons, the supposed focus of her front-page report.

In short, Chozick pasted a catchy lede onto a pedestrian election day campaign report. According to her catchy lede, Trump has called women various names. (This claim is widely known to be true.) For her own part, Clinton allegedly displayed "brazen disregard" toward white working-class voters.

According to Chozick, the Clinton campaign said her words were being misconstrued. But good God! In the rest of her 1300 words, Chozick made no attempt to report or explain what they meant.

One candidate had called women names; the other had been brazen! No attempt was made to evaluate the "intense criticism" which had been directed at Clinton by that anti-Clinton PAC.

Just so you'll know, Candidate Clinton's quoted remark was made on Sunday night, near the end of a CNN town hall program. Was she showing a brazen disregard for coal miners who might lose their jobs?

Below, you see Clinton's full comment, delivered in response to a question from CNN's Roland Martin:
MARTIN (3/13/16): Secretary Clinton, I have a voting question, but I need to pick up on what she [the previous questioner] said.

She mentioned poverty. We think about poverty in this country, based upon what the media does, people think the face of poverty is African-American. There are a lot of broke white folks in America.

CLINTON: One hundred percent right.

MARTIN: Broke is broke.

CLINTON: That's right.

MARTIN: Make the case to poor whites who live in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, who vote Republican, why they should vote for you based upon economic policies, versus voting for a Republican.

CLINTON: Well, first of all, I was happy to carry those states you mentioned, and I carried the white vote in those states too—that voted Democratic. Now I don't want to get carried away here.

Look, we have serious economic problems in many parts of our country. And Roland is absolutely right. Instead of dividing people the way Donald Trump does, let's reunite around policies that will bring jobs and opportunities to all these underserved poor communities.

So for example, I'm the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity, using clean renewable energy as the key, into coal country. Because we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right, Tim?

And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people. Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives, to turn on our lights and power our factories.

Now, we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels. But I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on.

So whether it's coal country or Indian country or poor urban areas, there is a lot of poverty in America.
We have gone backwards. We were moving in the right direction. In the '90s, more people were lifted out of poverty than any time in recent history.

Because of the terrible economic policies of the Bush administration, President Obama was left with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, and people fell back into poverty because they lost jobs, they lost homes, they lost opportunities and hope.

So I am passionate about this, which is why I have put forward specific plans about how we incentivize more jobs, more investment in poor communities, and put people to work.

MARTIN: Got to go to a commercial. We'll be right back. Final questions with Secretary Hillary Clinton after this short break.
Clinton did say that people in coal country will be losing jobs in the future. That said, was she displaying "brazen disregard" for the people in question?

The whole point of her statement involved her plan "to bring economic opportunity into coal country." She said she doesn't want to forget those people, that we need to "reunite around policies that will bring jobs and opportunities to all these underserved poor communities."

Whatever you think of Clinton's remarks, Chozick's presentation is journalistic malpractice. Taking her text from an anti-Clinton PAC, she quoted one little part of Clinton's statement, making no attempt to provide the overall context.

She reported that the Clinton campaign said the quote was misleading. She never bothered providing the context which would have explained what they meant.

In the remaining thousand words of her report, she never returned to the "words as weapons" theme which she used for her lede. She could have provided further context, but she chose to wander off into a pedestrian election day campaign report.

Chozick is a journalistic nightmare. (So is her editor, assuming that some such person exists.) It isn't that her work isn't good. Routinely, she stages front-page gong-shows in ways we've never seen.

Who in the world is Amy Chozick and why did the New York Times hire her? Based on her aggressively promoted life story, she seems to be a gruesome cross between Midnight Cowboy and Working Girl.

Based upon her self-promoted life story, she got off the bus in New York City and began promoting herself. Because her work is horrifically bad, the New York Times apparently saw that she had to be theirs.

The New York Times is empty, intellectually broken. Chozick was the perfect hire, given the track they're on.

25 comments:

  1. Occasionally at work I hit the desk and shout "I'm working here"!

    Usually nobody gets it so I have to pull up this youtube clip:

    https://youtu.be/c412hqucHKw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am here to spread this good news to the entire world on how Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com helped me solve my infertility problem and i am so happy now that i am now a mother because for over 4 years i have been trying to get pregnant and needed help, i and my husband always go for medical check up and the doctor always say that the both of us are fine and i have no where else to get help from and all hope was almost lost until one day i visited a friend of mine and i told her what i was passing through and she introduce me to this great spell caster called Dr. Ken who helped her when she was in need of help, so i took a try to contact Dr. Ken through his email and i explain all my problem to him and after we have talked he perform an infertility spell for me and after that he told me what i should do, and i followed the instruction he gave and after that he instructed to sleep with my husband and also i followed the instruction and he said that the next week i should go for medical check up and the doctor confirmed that i was 4 months pregnant and i was so happy that all my sorrows were gone for ever, i am so very happy now and also you need any kind of help or the same line with mine, contact Dr. Ken on his email: supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com
      or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com or view through his website and Contact him there: supersolutionhome.webs.com Call his phone number +2348074433380



      I am here to spread this good news to the entire world on how Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com helped me solve my infertility problem and i am so happy now that i am now a mother because for over 4 years i have been trying to get pregnant and needed help, i and my husband always go for medical check up and the doctor always say that the both of us are fine and i have no where else to get help from and all hope was almost lost until one day i visited a friend of mine and i told her what i was passing through and she introduce me to this great spell caster called Dr. Ken who helped her when she was in need of help, so i took a try to contact Dr. Ken through his email and i explain all my problem to him and after we have talked he perform an infertility spell for me and after that he told me what i should do, and i followed the instruction he gave and after that he instructed to sleep with my husband and also i followed the instruction and he said that the next week i should go for medical check up and the doctor confirmed that i was 4 months pregnant and i was so happy that all my sorrows were gone for ever, i am so very happy now and also you need any kind of help or the same line with mine, contact Dr. Ken on his email: supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com
      or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com or view through his website and Contact him there: supersolutionhome.webs.com Call his phone number +2348074433380

      Delete
    2. BEST LOTTERY SPELL BY POWERFUL DR. KEKE ODIN IN FLORIDA

      I use to be a very poor man who has always not find luck when it comes to playing the lottery. I have been playing lottery since i was 21 years and now i am 52 meaning i have been playing lottery for 31 years. The biggest amount i have ever won in my life was 400 bucks. But one day my story turns to history after i find this man name Dr. Keke Odin on the Internet that he is the best when it comes to winning lottery. This man is a very strong voodoo doc who gives out the numbers that can never fail. After all my years of laboring and struggling to win the lottery i finally won ( $62,000,000) with the help of Dr. Keke Odin lottery spell. email him now to get the best lottery number to win big amount of lottery

      Email: greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com

      Mobile Number: +1 386-336-9876

      Delete
    3. I wake up everyday with a smile on my face and singing praises to this powerful spell caster called Dr,Okaya who has done me a great favor by rescuing my relationship from break up. I used to think that i have a perfect relationship till when my lover started coming home late and everyday he gives me different excuses then i decided to keep a close eye on him then i discovers that he was having an affair with another Woman, I was heart broken because i trusted him so much and knowing that he has a secret relationship, hurts me a lot.. But i thank all those who placed the contact information of Dr,Okaya on the internet because through that i have been able to contact Dr, and today my relationship has been restored with love and more Respect than ever before. If you are in any kind of relationship or marriage stress i will do you a favor by dropping the contact information's of Dr,Okaya which are via email: OKAYASPELLHELP@GMAIL.COM ... OR call Him on his number +27814506790

      Delete
  2. For our money, Candidate Clinton made more sense with her statement about Nancy Reagan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheer up, the piece may yet be made true by a diligent political commissar at The New Pravda Times. They have been quite busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to compare this post to that of a real writer who understands journalism.

      Delete
  5. It's true Chozick failed to put the comment in context. But that one sentence is a gaffe, let's face it. She shouldn't have said those words. Is she on autopilot? What's going on? Every individual sentence she says is going to be ripped out of context and used as a sound bite by the opposition, so learn how not to make gaffes. With all her advisers and all the years she's been running for office you would think she would be over the gaffe-making. Back to back with the Nancy Reagan AIDS comment, this was more than a little bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is broke and in debt.

      Delete
    2. I am using this medium to inform the general public about how my life got transformed by an hack team called UNITY MORRIS ATM HACKERS team they hack into my bank account and upgraded the amount.
      when i first heard of them i thought it was a lie until i gave them a try with my second bank account which i didn't have much money in it and they surprised me with their beautiful hack job, after that i gave them my second account. Now am proud to inform the whole world that i have millions on my account because of UNITY MORRIS HACKERS team. What will be my gain if i keep the information to myself contact them through this email unitymorrisatmhackers1@gmail.com

      Delete
  6. Hillary has shown blatant disregard for white middle class workers regardless of what she said about coal in this particular case. she enables wall St, she supports neoliberal trade agreements, and she calls herself progressive while opposing nearly all progressive policies. This was a lot of analysis over a moot point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hillary has shown blatant disregard for white middle class workers regardless of what she said about coal in this particular case. she enables wall St, she supports neoliberal trade agreements, and she calls herself progressive while opposing nearly all progressive policies. This was a lot of analysis over a moot point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am here to spread this good news to the entire world on how Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com helped me solve my infertility problem and i am so happy now that i am now a mother because for over 4 years i have been trying to get pregnant and needed help, i and my husband always go for medical check up and the doctor always say that the both of us are fine and i have no where else to get help from and all hope was almost lost until one day i visited a friend of mine and i told her what i was passing through and she introduce me to this great spell caster called Dr. Ken who helped her when she was in need of help, so i took a try to contact Dr. Ken through his email and i explain all my problem to him and after we have talked he perform an infertility spell for me and after that he told me what i should do, and i followed the instruction he gave and after that he instructed to sleep with my husband and also i followed the instruction and he said that the next week i should go for medical check up and the doctor confirmed that i was 4 months pregnant and i was so happy that all my sorrows were gone for ever, i am so very happy now and also you need any kind of help or the same line with mine, contact Dr. Ken on his email: supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com
    or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com or view through his website and Contact him there: supersolutionhome.webs.com Call his phone number +2348074433380



    I am here to spread this good news to the entire world on how Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com helped me solve my infertility problem and i am so happy now that i am now a mother because for over 4 years i have been trying to get pregnant and needed help, i and my husband always go for medical check up and the doctor always say that the both of us are fine and i have no where else to get help from and all hope was almost lost until one day i visited a friend of mine and i told her what i was passing through and she introduce me to this great spell caster called Dr. Ken who helped her when she was in need of help, so i took a try to contact Dr. Ken through his email and i explain all my problem to him and after we have talked he perform an infertility spell for me and after that he told me what i should do, and i followed the instruction he gave and after that he instructed to sleep with my husband and also i followed the instruction and he said that the next week i should go for medical check up and the doctor confirmed that i was 4 months pregnant and i was so happy that all my sorrows were gone for ever, i am so very happy now and also you need any kind of help or the same line with mine, contact Dr. Ken on his email: supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com
    or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com or view through his website and Contact him there: supersolutionhome.webs.com Call his phone number +2348074433380

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around july 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014 and it failed also, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted ( agbazara@gmail.com ) i meet online and he send me his herbal product,. Believe it or not... I am already pregnant within few after his help. contact him today with any kind of problem and be happy like me on:

    agbazara@gmail.com OR call +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was not happy until i met Dr.Agbazara through these details +2348104102662 OR agbazara@gmail.com because my husband has left me and never had the intention of coming back home. But just within 48 hours that i contacted Dr. Agbazara my marriage changed to the positive side, At first my husband came back home and since then my marriage has been more peaceful and romantic than ever before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using this medium to inform the general public about how my life got transformed by an hack team called UNITY MORRIS ATM HACKERS team they hack into my bank account and upgraded the amount.
      when i first heard of them i thought it was a lie until i gave them a try with my second bank account which i didn't have much money in it and they surprised me with their beautiful hack job, after that i gave them my second account. Now am proud to inform the whole world that i have millions on my account because of UNITY MORRIS HACKERS team. What will be my gain if i keep the information to myself contact them through this email unitymorrisatmhackers1@gmail.com

      Delete
  11. I never believed in spells and magic until I experienced one sometime ago and it really worked for me.I was in love with this guy and he was in love with me too for 2years and we where making preparations to get married but to my surprise,his parents didn’t want his hand in the marriage cos of the religious difference.I was about loosing my man to another lady under the influence of his parents until I met a spell caster on net that claimed he can help me out.He helped me cast a very strong spell that helped change his parents mind and i noticed also that my mans love for me has greatly increased. We are happily married now. People with similar problems can contact the spell caster via eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, i am Jessica Wayne from TX, USA. Life without my husband was a real mess for me and my children I am so happy to get my Ex back through the help of Dr Noble the spell caster . My greatest surprise was that 48 hours after the Doctor prepared the spell for me, my husband who has abandoned me for 4 years suddenly called me unexpectedly and am so happy that we have come to become one again through the help of Dr Noble and am so happy to be with my husband once again. Dr Noble is a very wonderful spell caster, you can contact him if you need his assistant because i know he can also help you. contact him through his email:templeofjoyandprosperity@gmail.com +2349039520524 immediately

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: dr.princearataabraham@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

    1) Love Spells
    2) Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Marriage Spells
    5) Binding Spell.
    6) Breakup Spells
    7) Lottery spell
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
    9) want to satisfy your lover
    10) Money spell
    Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
    through dr.princearataabraham@gmail.com you can also whatsapp him on +2348163241499

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wake up everyday with a smile on my face and singing praises to this powerful spell caster called Dr,Okaya who has done me a great favor by rescuing my relationship from break up. I used to think that i have a perfect relationship till when my lover started coming home late and everyday he gives me different excuses then i decided to keep a close eye on him then i discovers that he was having an affair with another Woman, I was heart broken because i trusted him so much and knowing that he has a secret relationship, hurts me a lot.. But i thank all those who placed the contact information of Dr,Okaya on the internet because through that i have been able to contact Dr, and today my relationship has been restored with love and more Respect than ever before. If you are in any kind of relationship or marriage stress i will do you a favor by dropping the contact information's of Dr,Okaya which are via email: OKAYASPELLHELP@GMAIL.COM ... OR call Him on his number +27814506790

      Delete
  14. Love the bunny quilt - I do a lot of applique with batiks and really prefer them over other fabrics, BUT some patterns do look better with other than batiks. Have a great day.

    gclub
    gclub casino online
    จีคลับ

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but it way too cost, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Dr.AGBAZARA TEMPLE, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i got pregnant.l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact and be happy like me as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: ( agbazara@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wake up everyday with a smile on my face and singing praises to this powerful spell caster called Dr,Okaya who has done me a great favor by rescuing my relationship from break up. I used to think that i have a perfect relationship till when my lover started coming home late and everyday he gives me different excuses then i decided to keep a close eye on him then i discovers that he was having an affair with another Woman, I was heart broken because i trusted him so much and knowing that he has a secret relationship, hurts me a lot.. But i thank all those who placed the contact information of Dr,Okaya on the internet because through that i have been able to contact Dr, and today my relationship has been restored with love and more Respect than ever before. If you are in any kind of relationship or marriage stress i will do you a favor by dropping the contact information's of Dr,Okaya which are via email: OKAYASPELLHELP@GMAIL.COM ... OR call Him on his number +27814506790

    ReplyDelete