From Nicolle's lips to Our Town's ears!

FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2021

Feckless, incompetent, faux: We just saw Nicolle say it, in her most stage-managed manner, to Yamiche Alcindor, one of her favorite reporters and friends:

"More than four thousand people have died [from Covid-19] every day this week."

We checked the numbers at the Washington Post. No one reports the  number of people who died on any given day, but here are the numbers of reported (recorded) deaths so far this week:

Reported deaths from Covid-19
Sunday, January 17: 2,068
Monday, January 18: 1,418
Tuesday, January 19: 2,166
Wednesday, January 20: 4,440
Thursday, January 21: 3,898

Those are the numbers in the Post. Our question:

Does it look like "more than four thousand people have died [from Covid-19] every day this week?" Go ahead! Take a good look!

According to the Post, the 7-day average stood at 3,071 deaths per day after yesterday's tabulation. The numbers at the New York Times will be very similar.

The people you see on Our Town's cable channels are feckless, incompetent, faux. We now make an important point, recalling this morning's report:

Nothing turns on this standard misstatement by cable star Nicolle Wallace. Nothing turned on the similar chain of howlers emitted by her friend Rachel Maddow last night.

Something does turn on Maddow's relentless claims that the children of Flint were exposed to a "mass poisoning" from which they'll never recover. Something does turn on the way Maddow has always failed to discuss any actual data about the lead exposure in Flint and about the degree of harm it has apparently caused.

These are feckless, incompetent people. You aren't allowed to know how many millions of dollars they're paid to keep this up night after night.

Transcripts are no longer available.  It's the same game over at Fox.


6 comments:

  1. Don't worry, dear Bob.

    Now, as the Bad Orange Man has been overthrown, his followers, the insurgents, are hunted all over the countryside, and Glorious Liberal Cult is finally in control - COVID The Almighty is shaking in His boots.

    Most certainly, He will soon be defeated.

    And don't listen to silly dembots, they're still working off the old script.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't Somerby ever talk about anything that matters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Feckless, incompetent, faux”

    Making one incorrect statement doesn’t make a person incompetent overall.

    As to “faux”: in what way is Wallace supposed to be faux? Unlike Somerby, she has never claimed to be a liberal. Her dislike of Trump, her belief that Covid is serious, and that Trump mismanaged it, her revulsion at the insurrection at the Capitol: all seem quite sincere.

    “Feckless?” She isn’t feckless to her audience, I don’t suppose.

    If one believes, as Somerby seems to, that the media plays a major role in the decision-making of the voters, then the recent outcome, a Democratic win in the House and Senate, and the rejection of Trump could be ascribed to what Somerby likes to call “anti-Trump” cable. As part of that, with a fairly popular show, it could be argued that Wallace helped bring this about. Does he think only hard core liberals/progressives watch her show?

    At any rate, it seems excessive to deduce total incompetence from a single misstatement. Also, if these people are truly feckless and incompetent, then how are they able, night after night, to keep up a deliberate tribal storyline? That sounds rather like competence of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Riana from USA i want to testify of a powerful spell caster who return my ex boyfriend,it all started when i took his phone and saw a lady message him that she enjoyed the last time and i confronted him about it he was angry and and stop talking to me from that day he started acting strange then he told me he didn't want me anymore that he loves someone else i was so diver-stated i cried all day and night he blocked me from his Instagram and on phone so i couldn't reach him anymore this made me sad and cry even the more i was searching for something online when i saw a comment about Dr Ogudugu great work i contacted him and told him about my problems and i did everything he asked me to do he told me after 24hrs my ex will return back to me well i doubted him though because my ex didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore the next day to my greatest surprise he called me and was begging me to give him another chance now we are both happy together all thanks to Dr Ogudugu he can also help you contact greatogudugu@gmail.com/WhatsApp: +2348063739701

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery. contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com call or whats app +2347012841542 Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete

  6. LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
    Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever

    ReplyDelete