The things we can't be told in Our Town!

SATURDAY, APRIL 17, 2021

Today, it's the Washington Post: Why was Daunte Wright being arrested last Sunday?

The answer to that is one of the things we can't be told in Our Town.. On Thursday night, this is what we marks were told as The NewsHour's Yamiche Alcindor spoke with Brian Williams:

ALCINDOR (4/15/21): So the mother and family of Daunte Wright today said, Can you imagine what Dante was probably feeling as he had three officers surrounding him for what seemed like a minor infraction having to do with a warrant for marijuana, a business that people make money with all over the country? So I think there really needs to be a big conversation about that.

WILLIAMS: Yeah, a 20-year-old in a Buick that was a gift to him. Yamiche, you're so right.

Earth to the PBS NewsHour and to Brian Williams: 

Daunte Wright wasn't being arrested on the basis of "a minor infraction having to do with a warrant for marijuana." For background on this point, see yesterday's report.

It's amazing to think that this howling misstatement was made on Thursday evening's show. As we predicted yesterday, no correction was offered last night as Williams novelized his way through yet another program. 

Here in Our Town, we aren't allowed to know the facts about that attempted arrest. Our minders are committed to misinforming us the rubes about this point of Sacred Narrative.

Thursday night, things got so bad that we were told that the attempted arrest concerned marijuana! Last night, Brian let this ridiculous howler stand—and this morning, in the Washington Post, Our Town was treated to this:

EMBA (4/17/21): This Sunday, as the trial paused, police in Brooklyn Center, Minn., (less than 10 miles from where Chauvin is on trial for the death of George Floyd) pulled over Daunte Wright while he was driving, citing a traffic violation. Air freshener hanging from his rearview mirror, Wright told his mother. An expired tag, the police department said. Either way, not capital offenses. Wright attempted to get back into his car, and a police officer shot him to death. Allegedly, she mistook her gun for her Taser. She has, at least, resigned and been charged with manslaughter.

Werewolves of London again!

That was Christine Emba, in the Washington Post, advancing the scripted misimpression that the attempted arrest was about those demon air fresheners. Or an expired tag!

On what basis was that arrest attempted? Here in Our Town, an agreement exists among our elites—we rubes aren't allowed to know.

While we're at it, also take note of this:

Wright broke away from the police officer who was trying to handcuff him. He then attempted to evade arrest (again). How does Emba describe that action?

Simple! According to Emba, the young man "attempted to get back into his car." It's the most innocent thing in the world!

Young people do many foolish things. Wright had done several foolish things in the past several years, at least two of which apparently involved the use of a gun. Also, the failure to show up for his court date concerning his use of a gun.

We aren't inclined to blame young people for doing foolish thigs. On the other hand, it's hard to be sufficiently amazed by the kinds of people who go on MSNBC, or who write in the Washington Post, and refuse to tell us rubes the truth about this important event.

We aren't inclined to blame young people for the unwise things they do. Having said that, let us also say this:

Alcindor, Williams and Emba (and Emba's editors) are no longer young. We'll further explore this remarkable journalistic group conduct at the start of the week.


22 comments:

  1. "things we can't be told in Our Town.."

    Does it really matter that we never get the full truth about any of these endless random acts of structural stupidity inherent to the USA? Our structural stupidity is built on lies and ignorance and it is the duty of the billionaire-owned mass to keep churning it out. It's futile to keep complaining about it as you do Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on breast enlargement and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help  


      How can i ever stop saying thank you to Dr  olu    

      Delete
    2. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
      curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
      call/whatsapp +2348155227532
      he also have #herbs for
      #hiv/aids
      #cancerdisease
      #fibroid
      #diabetes
      He does all types of spell casting including love spell, marriage spell, promotion spell and fortune telling.

      Delete
    3. Isiyku Abdulahi
      My ex-boyfriend dumped me one week ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don’t know what to do, so I reach to the Internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Believe. You are truly talented and gifted.He is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop talking about him because he is a wonderful man. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: believelovespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +19713839183


      Delete
  2. "Today, it's the Washington Post"

    As if you didn't know what the Washington Post is, dear Bob: Der Stürmer of modern day America.

    Forget about it, and read Substack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Substack is where the bigots hang-out on the internet. There and Bob Somerby's TDH, of course.

      Delete
  3. "Also, the failure to show up for his court date concerning his use of a gun."

    Wright's public defender attorney says that they were never notified of that Zoom court date. They also did not know a warrant had been issued.

    Of course family members, trying to figure out what was going on, are going to think about his marijuana use fine, since they did not know the details about the warrant either.

    The information on social media came from those trying to make sense of his arrest, using their limited information. It is not a fabrication or attempt to portray Wright in any manner, but their best attempt at figuring out what happened.

    Somerby, however, does try to portray Wright in the worst possible light in order to justify a shooting which has no justification. Nothing Wright did justified what happened. That's why Potter (the cop involved) resigned and is now being charged with manslaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not justifying anything. Just go away, crank.

      Delete
  4. Bob, might I suggest a series on why dead victims of domestic abuse had it coming
    Or perhaps a piece on how kids murdered by their parents were really annoying.

    Our town needs to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or how a white 16 yo aiming a precise replica of a gun at a cop, the pulling a knife out to assault him is equivalent to an unarmed black youth being shot dead by a cop (see his Toy Gun entry which was pure bs).Then again, he is continually writing that series.

      Delete
  5. From Paul Campos at Lawyers Guns & Money Blog:

    "By the way every time I encounter the literary effluvia of the Intellectual Dark Web I’m reminded of Moliere’s dictum, which remains the wisest insight anyone has ever crafted about our his (our) profession:

    Writing is like prostitution: First you do it for love, then for a few select friends, and then for money. (Loose translation)"

    The only question here at TDH is who is paying Somerby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Somerby's main recompense is the psychological lift that he gets from worshipping Trump and defending Roy Moore, Ron Johnson, Matt Gaetz and Devin Nunes (i.e being a Trumptard). And from denouncing Maddow, who is not a Trumptard like him

      Delete
    2. Imagine paying Somerby for an effort that has an ROI of zero.

      Delete
    3. Somerby obviously can't be a Russian asset because he's no asset, only a liability :)

      Delete
    4. Bob is just a long-winded middle-to-highbrow liberal media critic. He's not on the take.

      Delete
    5. I am reminded of the time that I was posing nude for an art class and I let one rip... loudly too I might add!!

      Delete
  6. Mengulas berbagai informasi dan teknologi
    , aplikasi, gadget, games, tips dan cara, movie & film dalam bahasa Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isiyku Abdulahi
    My ex-boyfriend dumped me one week ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don’t know what to do, so I reach to the Internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Believe. You are truly talented and gifted.He is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop talking about him because he is a wonderful man. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: believelovespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +19713839183


    ReplyDelete
  9. LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
    Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever















    LOTTO, lottery,jackpot.
    Hello all my viewers, I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot. I am a Woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery. finally my dreams came through when I email believelovespelltemple@gmail.com and tell him I need the lottery numbers. I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win. But I never know that winning was so easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, . so I decide to give it a try.I contacted this great Dr Believe and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners. I win 30,000 million Dollar. Dr Believe truly you are the best, all thanks to you forever



    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so very grateful to Dr oluba, for bringing my husband who left me for another woman, that moment my husband Left me I thought I lost everything until a friend of my gave me Dr oluba, WhatsApp contact, I messaged him and told him the pain I was going through so he told me that everything was going to be fine that if I have the faith and believe in him that the spell will surely work for me and my husband will surely come back home and he told me what to do, so those things were done and 24 hrs later my husband came back home begging for my forgiveness, am so happy and grateful to Dr oluba, if you need his help email him at olubasolutiontemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +1(518)293-0860...

    ReplyDelete