What Hill said about Christopher Steele!

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2019

Things you won't hear on cable:
In last Saturday's report, we showed you some of the things Fiona Hill actually said.

More specifically, we posted some of the things you won't see on "liberal cable," despite the status to which Hill rose as a result of her appearance.

For obvious reasons, Hill was quickly accepted as a brilliant, near-oracular figure. But uh-oh! Some of the things she said!

Among other things, she said "the Ukrainian government...bet on Hillary Clinton winning the [2016] election."

She said "they were trying to curry favor with the Clinton campaign, it’s quite evident here."

She listed Ukrainian officials, including Ambassador Chaly (at the time, Ukraine's ambassador to the U.S.), among the people who "made some pretty unpleasant statements or ill-advised op-eds" during the campaign.

She seemed to say that officials from many governments, including Ukraine's, had made disparaging comments about Candidate Trump. She said she couldn't blame President Trump for feeling aggrieved about these statements.

She affirmed this January 2017 report by the New York Times' Kenneth Vogel, then of Politico. In the last few weeks, Vogel has been taking a lot of rather peculiar guff for his apparently accurate report, in which he listed Ukrainian criticisms of Candidate Trump during Campaign 2016.

Importantly, Hill also said there "was little evidence of a top-down effort by Ukraine" to monkey with the U.S. election. She stressed the fact that Ukrainian conduct can't be compared to the top-down effort which came from the Russian government.

We reproduced the statements in question because we were appalled by the absurdly selective presentation we'd seen the night before on the Maddow TV program. As usual, Maddow engaged in substantial picking and choosing about what her viewers would be allowed to hear, with grossly misleading embellishments added to the mix.

(That, plus all the mugging and clowning! It's so much fun to watch!)

The other tribe gets propagandized on Fox, but our tribe gets propagandized in various places too. Today and tomorrow, we're going to show you a few more things Hill said during her widely-lauded appearance—more specifically, things which will get repeated on Fox but not in more righteous forums.

Trigger warning! The remarks we show you today were made during questioning by Jim Jordan. They involve Hill's assessment of Christopher Steele and the Steele dossier. The Q-and-A went like this:
REP. SCHIFF (11/21/19): Mr. Jordan.

REP. JORDAN: Thank you, Mr. Chairman. Dr. Hill, during your deposition, I asked you, “Was Christopher Steele’s dossier a rabbit hole?” Do you remember the answer you gave to that question?

HILL: Yes, I thought it was a rabbit hole.

REP. JORDAN: Yeah, and you also said, a couple of pages later in the deposition or in the transcript that I have here of your deposition, that you thought he got played. Is that fair?

HILL: That is fair, yes.
From there, Jordan orated at length, specifically claiming that Steele got played by Russian intelligence services, etc. and so forth and so on.

As you can see from the transcript, Jordan's oration ate the rest of his time, and Hill wasn't asked to respond. We don't know what she would have said if she;d been asked to assess Jordan's statements.

We also don't know exactly what Hill meant when she said that Steele "got played." We don't know exactly what she meant when she said the Steele dossier had been "a rabbit hole."

We also don't know if Hill is right in her assessments of Steele and the dossier. We're showing you this chunk of transcript because people will hear about it on Fox, and people on our channels won't.

People get shown and told certain things on Fox. We're often shown and told different things on liberal cable, and we often get misled by Rachel.

In our view, this is the problem we're all currently living with. With time off got a holiday, we'll be discussing this problem all week.

Also, this exchange: Earlier, Devin Nunes had asked Hill various questions about the dossier.

You can find the full exchange within the transcript. This Q-and-A occurred:
REP. NUNES: You mentioned in your deposition also that you thought that it was a, let’s get the exact quote, that “the dossier was a rabbit hole.”

Is that still your testimony?


HILL: That’s correct.
We don't know exactly what that statement means. We don't know if Hill's assessment of the dossier is correct. We do know this:

They'll be told about these statements on Fox. Our own multimillionaire corporate-paid minders will keep such knowledge from us.

This is the problem we're all living with. It's an ancient tribal problem, and a difficult problem to solve.

22 comments:

  1. "Among other things, she said "the Ukrainian government...bet on Hillary Clinton winning the [2016] election."

    She said "they were trying to curry favor with the Clinton campaign, it’s quite evident here.""

    Whoa, these two statement are the god's honest truth.

    But hey, a broken clock is right twice a day, and likewise goebbelsoids like Fiona Hill can't help but tell the truth once in a long while, dear Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and also, dear Bob, your post reminded me of this thing about show-trials: once they started, they can't be stopped easily.

      For example, I noticed Creepy Joe threatening, a couple of days ago, sen. Graham: "Lindsey is about to go down in a way that I think he’s going to regret his whole life,". Y'know, for sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

      More and more enemy agents and spies must be discovered, and inevitably at some point the heroes of early show-trials get unmasked as evildoers themselves. The Law of Genre.

      Which is what your post sounds like, a bit, in regards to Fiona "the goebbelsoid" Hill, dear Bob.

      Delete
  2. Somehow Trump apologists on the committee tried to conflate an op-ed criticizing Trump -- presumably, because he suggested that maybe Crimea should go to Russia! -- with election interference. It certainly wasn't. Neither were disjointed investigative efforts into Manafort, who, of course, had been advancing Russian interests in Ukraine.

    Steele dossier was, perhaps, the proverbial rabbit hole, as it did not reach any crisp conclusion. Even Steele was not presenting his information as 100% reliable fact. This is more of a throwaway comment by Hill.

    The salient part of Hill testimony was where she explained the genesis and the function of the irregular channel. She and Holmes were the connective tissue that pulled all the disparate narratives together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's also consider that the narrative pushed by the Republicans that Trump was justifiably sore at the Ukrainians for opining against his candidacy points in the direction that Trump was essentially demanding personal loyalty from them by helping him campaign against his potential opponent. Let's keep that Trump the candidate is a private person; whereas Trump the president is not. It appears that Trump can't see the the difference.

      Delete
  3. “We reproduced the statements in question because we were appalled by the absurdly selective presentation we'd seen the night before on the Maddow TV program.”

    In what way was Maddow’s presentation “absurdly” selective? Did she choose to emphasize the most important testimony of the witnesses, involving serious Russian interference in our elections and the corrupt abuses by Trump to further that interference in the upcoming election? Did she choose to speak about these major and salient issues, and not get sidetracked by debunked GOP spin?

    If Hill said that there is no comparison between what certain Ukrainian officials did and what Russia did, why is it absurdly selective to omit any mention of this mostly fake Russian/GOP talking point?

    Also, Somerby provides no example of what he is talking about re: Maddow. It’s also odd that he discusses Hill’s testimony rather extensively, but then faults Maddow for her omissions *the night before* Hill’s testimony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'It’s also odd that he discusses Hill’s testimony rather extensively, but then faults Maddow for her omissions *the night before* Hill’s testimony. '

      It's not odd at all. Somerby is a liar and a Trumptard.

      Delete
  4. The Steele dossier is apparently still a rabbit hole, but it is a GOP/Fox News rabbit hole. They have always asserted that the dossier was what started the FBI/Mueller investigation. That is untrue. It is a politically convenient lie. Is Somerby aware of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somerby is only aware of Trumptard right wing talking points since they can be used to attack liberals and defend Trump, Devin Nunes, Ron Johnson and Roy Moore.

      Delete
  5. 'Our own multimillionaire corporate-paid minders will keep such knowledge from us.'

    In Somerby's case, the corporate-paid minders are Hannity, Limbaugh and the like, since Somerby is a Trumptard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have it on my authority that it is totally possible that it was Andorra that hacked the DNC e-mails.
    It is totally possible that they are the real culprits some say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Sean Colarossi at Politicus:

    "The fact that Devin Nunes appears to be directly involved in Donald Trump’s extortion scheme is even more stunning given the fact that he is a key figure in the ongoing impeachment proceedings.

    Over the past several weeks as a throng of Trump administration officials testified before the House Intelligence Committee – the committee of which he’s the ranking member – Nunes has tried to smear the witnesses and chairman Rep. Adam Schiff, all while pushing Russian talking points.

    In light of the explosive new reporting, the Republican lawmaker shouldn’t be part of conducting the impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump. If anything, he should be a subject of the investigation."

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Name is Dr sebi you can Contact Me via Email drsebicurecenter@gmail.com For Penis Enlargement Product to help you get as long as 8inches Long with good Erection. Contact Me Via Email : drsebicurecenter@gmail.com Via WhatsApp +2347010538590

    ReplyDelete
  10. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA  

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete
  12. My name is Louis Edmond, I am from USA. I want to share a testimony about Dr Aluya, a great spell caster who is very straight forward with his words of casting spells. When my Wife left me for another Man i was so confused,but one a day a friend of mine gave me the email address of this great spell caster called dr Aluya, I contacted this man and explained to him all that i was going through,he then told me to be calm and not worry anymore because my case is a very easy one. At first I never believed all that he was saying until when my husband returned home two days later begging me to forgive him for all that he had done to me and to please accept him back into my life,I was so amazed,I never believed it was going to happen that fast.
    This man is truly great indeed. Contact him today for a perfect solution to your love problem, aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com.  or whatsApp him  +2348110493039

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everyone, my name is Rabueil Islam
     and am from London, I met this spell caster called Dr Aluya of aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com online and so many other, but i decided to go with this particular spell caster and this is about 2 weeks ago. I needed the spell caster to reunite me and my lover because she started behaving strange and a day came she text me and told me she cannot continue with the relationship anymore, that she just want to be alone. But a close friend of hers shows the guy to me that she was now dating. So i contacted thcomis spell caster because i was totally heart broken and i smoked and get drunk till i could not even notice if am standing or lying.This spell caster told me not to worry, he gave me hope that am to have her again just like old times, and i provided all the requirements, and in just 5 days, my ex lover called me crying over the phone asking for me to forgive her for her stupid act, and she swore with her mother grave to love me and never hurt me again.This was what the spell caster earlier told me and it came after he has done the spell and that same night, my lover came to my house and spend the night with me.I have never seen spell as powerful as this but now, am convinced that Dr Aluya is the best ever, You can contact him through him email address:aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +2348110493039

    ReplyDelete
  14. My lover dumped for  another woman with two kids i was confused until i came
    in contact with Dr Aluya who helped me with a powerful love spell that
    brought him back within 2 days. contact Dr Aluya for help on :
    Email :aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him  +2348110493039

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want to recommend Dr Eromosele as the best spell caster from Africa, he is a good and guanine man who love help people, i came across his testimonies online and how he help people bring back their lover, at first i thought he was one of those scammer but i decried to try but to my greatest surprise he didn't have a good job and my love is back and will a living together as one. all this was because of dr eromosele, you can contact him today and get your problem solved you him on whatsapp at +2348075799423 or email him at: dreromosele156@gmeil.com

    ReplyDelete

  16. I was tested Herpes positive and ever since then i have been taking different kinds of medicine but yet no improvement until i made a research on google then i came across testimonies on how this a herbal practitioner Robinson buckler has been curing different people from different kinds of diseases, immediately i contacted him. After our discussion he prepared the medicine and send it to me, which i received and took according to his instructions. Now my doctor just confirmed me HSV2 negative. My heart is so filled with joy, thank you so much Robinson buckler for curing me. If you are reading this and you are suffering from HSV or any other disease or you want to fix your broken marriage/relationship or maybe get back with your Ex husband, Ex wife, Boyfriend or girlfriend you
    you can reach this herbal doctor on….robinsonbuckler11@gmail.com.......Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com

    [Arthritis]

    [Herpes]

    [Hypertension]

    [The Opioid Epidemic]

    [Stroke]

    [Obesity]

    [Infertility/Impotency]

    [Eye Problem]

    [Fibroid Tumor]

    [Enlarge Prostate]

    [Erectile Dysfunction]

    ReplyDelete